cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

STLINK-V3MINI issue in debug mode.

ABans.11
Associate II

I am using STLINK-V3MINI with STM32IDE. After compiling the program, when I start debug it first goes to start, run as per given commands but it goes HALT after few steps. Somehow program flow reach into undesirable location. 

Kindly check the attached log and suggest.

4 REPLIES 4
KnarfB
Principal III

Did you try a minimal "blinky" example? Is it a new board bringup or a known good board? Did you try STM32Programmer instead of IDE?

This is customized board and operated without external crystal. I did not try STM32Programmer but I am able to download .hex file via STM32 ST-Link Utility.

I have tried smallest as well as quiet big program and feel that after few instruction or (CPU timing) it reached into some undesirable locations but not able to link to each other. For your reference please check the attached logs.

Could be either an unrelieable ST-LINK connection or some software issue with your code. You could (drastically) reduce the ST-LINK clock freq. to increase stability of ST-LINK for testing. Testing could be done by reading larger portions of memory again and again while the CPU is halted, thereby generating ST-LINK traffic without code execution.

The software issues could be a hard fault or wild-running code caused by an improper linker file (.ld) or bad startup code. Does you code reach main() at all?

1. I have checked with reduce ST-LINK clock. Same problem.
  2. It always reach into main(). It looks that code execute x number of instruction after entering into main() but before halt.