cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

STLINK-V2 Clones, blocked by ST with latest FW, STMCubeIDE 1.10.1 ?

Hello,

usually I have Nucleo's that I work with, but I also have an older Clone that I purchased a long time ago when the genuine ones were not available.

I noticed that after a firmware-update within STM32CubeIDE 1.10.1 the Serialnumber is "odd" and it would not detect the target, so I wonder if it is a cabeling-issue or if ST has bricked those?

Does anyone know what is going on?

Thanks a lot, Seppel

13 REPLIES 13

E.g. via https://www.st.com/en/development-tools/stsw-link007.html

After selection of the STLink and "Open in Update Mode" the current and the to-be-updated-to version numbers are shown.

I've just updated an STLink-V2 clone to  V2J40S7, seems to work normally in OpenOCD (flashing, single stepping).

Hello,

sorry for the late reply, I was a little busy.

ST-Link with the latest Firmware:

0693W00000WKzJHQA1.png 

0693W00000WKzKAQA1.png 

ST-Link with an older Firmware:

0693W00000WKzJgQAL.png0693W00000WKzKPQA1.png 

The PCB is ok, but many componets are missing to the genuine, and worst of all, a unknown controller (laser-marking removed), so I can't even repurpose the unit.

0693W00000WKzfDQAT.png0693W00000WKzfIQAT.png

With the availability of the genuine debuggers via known channels, it's not interesting to buy these. Value for money may be "ok", but given the fact that for a little more you can buy a genuine one that you know it will work, a bad deal.

Best Regards, Seppel

P.S.

The injection-molding is good, maybe even done same mold as the genuine. The ribbing, the supports,.. or they have really put in a lot of effort.

0693W00000WKzgGQAT.png0693W00000WKzgQQAT.png

S.Ma
Principal

Counterfeits maybe cheaper, yet no support, no warranty, and may cost time. If this was sold without any electronics inside, things would be even more profitable.... and this post would not exist.

Pavel A.
Evangelist III

@seppeltronics_v​ 

Ok, so the latest firmware indeed has the serial number string "C".

The software displays it correctly. The question is, does the software demand a longer string (and why)?

The older firmware does not have the serial number at all.