cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ST-Link/V2 cannot detect STM32 target

JTurn.2
Senior

I have bought a new ST-Link/V2 from Digikey a while back and have only recently gotten the chance to use it. But every time I try uploading code to my geniune WeAct F411CEU6 board using SWD I get the error code "Error: No STM32 target found!". I don't think my connections are wrong cause I followed the instructions from this website:https://waterpigs.co.uk/articles/black-blue-pill-stm32-st-link-connection/

The target voltage detected is 3.14V and the firmware version is: V2J38S7.

The device shows up in device manager but I'm wondering if there is anything wrong with the debugger as I can upload code via UART to the development.

If anyone has any ideas please do let me know. Thank you!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Connector looks backward and upside down

VPP looks connected to pin 1, not pin 19 where it is supposed to be.

Guess it depend what you're looking at. All the docs show the male pin header, not starring into the female connector. I tend to jumper onto the ST-LINK itself with Schmartboard jumper wires or DuPont ones.

Tips, Buy me a coffee, or three.. PayPal Venmo
Up vote any posts that you find helpful, it shows what's working..

View solution in original post

10 REPLIES 10

> I don't think my connections are wrong

I do. Prove me wrong (i.e. post foto, schematics, etc.)

JW

Peter BENSCH
ST Employee

Blue Pills have been using counterfeits for quite some time, which are (of course) not accepted by the ST software. I could well imagine that counterfeits are also used on the Black Pills (knowingly or unknowingly). So, in addition to @Community member​ hints, it would also make sense to check the authenticity of the STM32.

Good luck!

Regards

/Peter

In order to give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on Accept as Solution on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.
aflor.1
Associate

Hi,

1. Verify that the VDDA voltage matches the 3.3V must have the same voltage as VDD
  2. caution if you use Debug the Pin must have connect to gnd

0693W00000Nr1U0QAJ.png

This is the connection I'm using except for that I am using except for I'm using the black pill instead of the blue pill in this picture.

I see. I assumed that the geniune WeAct black pills used genuine parts. How would I be able to check the authenticity of the MCU? Wouldn't being able to upload to the MCU via UART indicate that it's genuine or does this method bypass the authentication process?

Also, is it possible to test if my debugger is functioning properly without an MCU cause I'm worried that it might not be working correctly.

I have verified that they are both approximately 3.3V and that the debug pin is connect to gnd to no avail. I'm wondering if there is anything wrong with my debugger since every time I connect to my pc it shows the update firmware option even though I've updated it already.

Connector looks backward and upside down

VPP looks connected to pin 1, not pin 19 where it is supposed to be.

Guess it depend what you're looking at. All the docs show the male pin header, not starring into the female connector. I tend to jumper onto the ST-LINK itself with Schmartboard jumper wires or DuPont ones.

0693W00000F9vwFQAR.jpgSee PIN 1 marked in orange, and where the knock-out is.

PIN 19 is lower left corner, most of the pins on the right edge are grounds.