cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SD card not detect in fp-ai-vision1

PavanKaruchola1
Associate II

I am using STM32H747-DISCO with the FP-AI-VISION1 package, I have updated my drivers and solved the screen problem. Now I am facing an issue with the SD card. It is given that an SD card with class 10 is recommended, I am using SanDisk Ultra microSDHC class 10. While testing it shows SD is not detected, I don't know what the problem is, SD is working fine with my PC. Please help me out. 

IMG_20240314_160717427~2.jpg

IMG_20240314_160842963~2.jpg

4 REPLIES 4
magnus_lindhe
Associate II

I have the exact same issue, on my STM32H747I-DISCO board (revision D03) using the same Sandisk 32 GB SDHC Ultra Micro-SD card (model number SDSQUA4-032G-GN6MA) that you show on the picture.

I have tried the SD card example program described in this tutorial, with some modifications suggested in the user forum:

• I chose P18 as Detect_SDIO pin.
  • I changed hsd1.Init.BusWide to SDMMC_BUS_WIDE_1B to get a 1 bit wide data bus.
  • I changed hsd1.Init.ClockDiv to 0x80.

After these changes, the example program worked and formatted the SD card to FAT32 and then wrote a text file to it.

But when I instead compiled and flashed the STM32H747I_DISCO_PersonDetect_MobileNetv2_CM7 binary from  FP-AI-VISION1_V3.1.0, I also got the message "Error. SD card not detected" when I tried to enter the "Frame Capture" mode and select RAW or BMP file format.

I have tried combinations of the following, with no success:

• Externally formatting the SD card to FAT16 (a single 4 GB partition)
  • Setting USE_SD_BUS_WIDE_4B to 0U in stm32h747i_discovery_sd.h (although there is a conflicting define of the same constant in stm32h747i_discovery_conf.h, already set to 0)
  • Setting hsd->Init.ClockDiv to 0x80 in stm32h747i_discovery_sd.c

Any help would be appreciated!

Thank you for the information, SD card is detected in BSP example which is used to test the drivers, I think we should mimic library files related to SD to get success.

Try C:\Users\User\STM32Cube\Repository\STM32Cube_FW_H7_V1.11.1\Projects\STM32H747I-DISCO\Examples\BSP project to check SD card once.

Thank you for the advice!

I opened the BSP directory of STM32Cube_FW_H7_V1.11.1 as shown in the project explorer below:

magnus_lindhe_0-1712316105069.png

I compiled both the CM4 and CM7 projects and programmed them via ST Link (CM4 first), but the result is that the LCD screen of the STM32H747I-DISCO is filled with random noise and I cannot interact with the demo. Do I need to update some LCD drivers to make it work, or is there something else missing?

Hi @magnus_lindhe,

Check this post Solved: STM32H747I-DISCO BSP Example 1.11.0 doesn't display on LCD screen, it may contain the same issue (with fix) as the one you reported. 

When your question is answered, please close this topic by clicking "Accept as Solution".
Thanks
Imen