cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

power supply issue while connecting to the power bank through the USB cable

srinath
Associate II

Hello,

I am working the nucleo board ,similarly my led is blinking at 1 Hz , I want to use power bank through the USB connector for my power supply, My power bank output is 5v ,2A . In the user manual it was mentioned as if you not want to use usb enumeration put the jumper j1 as ON , and also mentioned to  take care that input  should not exceed 100 mA. 

In my case jumper j1 is off and jumper 5 is on the usb power supply. what happen when I give 2 A power supply to the board by putting  j1 as ON . Is there any other way to do it.

5 REPLIES 5
Andrew Neil
Evangelist III

@srinath wrote:

My power bank output is 5v ,2A . 

That just means that your power bank is capable of supplying up to 2A.

A power supply (including a power bank) can't "force" more amps into a load than the load requires!

Current drawn will depend on the presented load, surely?

Tips, Buy me a coffee, or three.. PayPal Venmo
Up vote any posts that you find helpful, it shows what's working..
Andrew Neil
Evangelist III

@srinath wrote:

I am working the (sic)  nucleo board 

There are many different Nucleo boards - which one are you using?

@srinath wrote:

also mentioned to  take care that input  should not exceed 100 mA. 

Are you referring to this:

AndrewNeil_0-1706711960007.png

Again, that is talking about how much the Nucleo board (and any attached shields) draws - which has nothing to do with the current rating  of the power supply (eg, the 2A on your powerbank).

yes I am referring to this , Is it the max current allowed ? and my load will be around 500 mA . If I put the jumper J1 on and connect the power supply to power band using USB , does it able to draw the current ? and any tips and suggestion will most welcoming and thank you the quick reply.

Did you read the bit about the USB Enumeration?

That explains the 100mA limit.

Almost certainly, your power bank won't do USB enumeration - it just acts like a dumb power supply.