cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Placing a TFT touchscreen on the B-U585AI-IOT02A Evaluation board.

RufusVS
Associate III

I have recently purchased the B-U585AI-IOT02A Evaluation board for a project and was surprised to see it had Arduino UNO compatible connectors on one side.   Since a while ago I had bought some TFT touch screen shields from Adafruit, I was wondering if I could add this touch screen to the Eval board.  Has anyone done such a thing, using bare metal, FreeRTOS, or Azure/ThreadX?   Note:  Elegoo has a very inexpensive (~$16.00 U.S.) TFT touch screen shield available on Amazon, too, which is probably similar to the Adafruit board.

Any advice of project setup, compatible library code, etc. would be appreciated.  I would post my own progress on this here, if any.  Thanks!

Rufus

3 REPLIES 3
Mike_ST
ST Employee

Hello,

>> I was wondering if I could add this touch screen to the Eval board

It should be compatible, but, in any case, please check the schematic of the B-U585AI-IOT02A board available here:

B-U585AI-IOT02A Schematics 

and the schematic of your shield to verify that all the signals match.

>> Any advice of project setup, compatible library code, etc. would be appreciated.

I don't think we have any Adafruit shield code for the STM32U5 boards family.

But, we provide the 'Adafruit 1.8" Color TFT Shield w/microSD and Joystick-v2'  BSP code in the STM32H7 software package.

You can download it here:

STM32H7 Firmware package 

After unpacking, inside the STM32Cube_FW_H7_V1.11.1\Drivers\BSP\Adafruit_Shield folder,

you'll find the generic Adafruit BSP code for the STM32F4, STM32F7, STM32G4, STM32H7, STM32L4, STM32WL Nucleo boards.

And, a project that uses this code, in the STM32Cube_FW_H7_V1.11.0\Projects\NUCLEO-H743ZI\Demonstrations folder

So you can try to create a new project with the STM32CubeIDE and add the Adafruit BSP.

You might have to rework some code to comply with the STM32U5 HAL interface, and to adapt the pin config in the adafruit_802_conf.h.

RufusVS
Associate III

I don't know how to edit my original message, but I wanted to give folks a heads-up on the Elegoo board.   It uses the parallel interface mode, not the SPI mode and all the demos are for a pretty generic Arduino Uno.  I'm a bit surprised they didn't make it at  least jumperable to different modes.

I'll have to give that a try!  If it works I'll be back to mark it as a solution!