cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NUCLEO-H753ZI overcurrent

giwonKIM
Associate III

Hi, I'm using NUCLEO-H753ZI Board. 

There was a mistake while conducting the experiment.

After that, the red light on LED6 came on and the red light on LED6 came on again after disconnecting the cable.

Looking at the User Manual, LED6 comes out as Over Current indication, is there a way to fix it?
(https://www.st.com/resource/en/user_manual/um2407-stm32h7-nucleo144-boards-mb1364-stmicroelectronics.pdf)

Power is supplied by Micro USB 5V.

Please fix my board!!

If you have any question, please ask me.

Thank you.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
TDK
Guru

If overcurrent LED is on when you have connected normal USB power, the hardware is damaged. Probably the LDO, but it could be the STM32. No details on what the mistake was. You would need to diagnose which chip is busted and replace it. Feeling for which chip is hot will probably tell you where the problem is.

If you have the tools and skills to replace SMD components, it's possible. Otherwise, probably easier to buy a new board.

If you feel a post has answered your question, please click "Accept as Solution".

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
TDK
Guru

If overcurrent LED is on when you have connected normal USB power, the hardware is damaged. Probably the LDO, but it could be the STM32. No details on what the mistake was. You would need to diagnose which chip is busted and replace it. Feeling for which chip is hot will probably tell you where the problem is.

If you have the tools and skills to replace SMD components, it's possible. Otherwise, probably easier to buy a new board.

If you feel a post has answered your question, please click "Accept as Solution".

I think that buying a new board is easier than fix the old board.

Thank you for answer.