cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Nucleo-64-P unexisting pins

nicolas
Associate III

I have a NUCLEO-L452RE-P, on the box and on the user manual (UM2206) it show that PD2 is on CN5.4 and PC5 is on CN6.6. But the STM32L452RET6P doesn't have those pins (PD2 and PC5). To what are connected CN5.4 and CN6.6 ?

8 REPLIES 8
Diane POMABIA
ST Employee

Hi @nicolas , 

UM2206 is an generic document for 4 STM32 product. Please refer to the datasheet of your product.

Regards 

Diane

The 64-pin (P / SMPS) devices lose a number of GPIO pins. These obviously don't make it then to header pins, but the board is usable with multiple parts. You'll need to review the appropriate documents, or portions of documents, salient to your specific device, rather than the others / general ones.

Tips, Buy me a coffee, or three.. PayPal Venmo
Up vote any posts that you find helpful, it shows what's working..

First stop, probably schematics https://www.st.com/resource/en/schematic_pack/mb1319-l452re_p-c02_schematic.pdf

Tips, Buy me a coffee, or three.. PayPal Venmo
Up vote any posts that you find helpful, it shows what's working..

Hello,

The NUCLEO-L452RE-P doesn't have a datasheet, AFAIK the UM2206 is the most detained document and it isn't completely generic because it has chapter for each board.

The figure in the product box is clearly specified for the NUCLEO-L452RE-P but have wrong information in it. Misleading information is much worse that missing information.

Thanks, i had already look at the schematics. But in my humble opinion those kind of information should be available in the user manual (UM2206 is already specific to the SMPS boards). I was hoping with my message that ST will correct the wrong information.

see schematics, as Tesla recommended:

AScha3_0-1687765329172.png

pins are on pin header, but open sb, so not connected for this cpu.

If you feel a post has answered your question, please click "Accept as Solution".

Hi @nicolas 

Sometimes a nucleo can be generated for several microcontrollers, which is the case for the MB1319. The only document that gives information on a component is the datasheet. it's the reference.

In introduction of user Manuel (UM2206),this board is compatible with 3 STM32. In the same package, the set up  will not change, only certain pins will be used for the VDIO2, for example.

Concerning figure in the product box , i will share this observation to concerning team.

Regards

Diane

AFAIK, there is no datasheet for Nucleo board, there is a data brief but it is even more generic than the user manual. One of the main thing the databrief do is to redirect to the correct user manual for each boards.

And looking at the 2 other boards, there STM32 also don't have PD2 and PC5 pins. So there is no reason that UM2206 show those pins on the connector.

Thanks for signaling the problem with the box.