cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No ST-Link detected (STM32CubeProgrammer)

Kmax18
Senior

I used the STM32CubeIDE for 3 years on a Windows10 PC. After installing the 8-bit ST_Tools (STM8CubeIDE,...) on the same PC the connection to a NUCLEO-64 (STM32-G431RB) does no longer work. Now STM32CubeProgrammer reports "No ST-Link detected". However, I don't know if the STM8 installation is related to the problem.

Solution attempt: download and re-install the latest STM32CubeProgrammer (v2.11.0) ST-Link drivers (STSW-LINK009). The install wizard reported a successful driver installation (see screenshot). However, the issue"No ST-Link detected" persists, and new drivers are listed by the Windows Device Manager (see screenshot).

Please suggest potential solutions to try. Thank you.

0693W00000QOJcgQAH.png0693W00000QOJftQAH.png

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Frequently no Data Wires, and non-shielded..

ST-LINK/V2 can be very erratic on hubs, appearing to fail or disconnect, especially on read heavy transactions, ie verify after programming on external QSPI devices (5-10 mins of 256MB interactions)

Tips, Buy me a coffee, or three.. PayPal Venmo
Up vote any posts that you find helpful, it shows what's working..

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
Imen.D
ST Employee

Hello @Kmax18​ ,

I recommend to check the USB cables, or try other USB cables.

Make sure to upgrade the ST-link firmware.

Imen

When your question is answered, please close this topic by clicking "Accept as Solution".
Thanks
Imen
MiEx13
Associate II

I had a similar problem.

Try to connect the ST-Link directly to an USB port of your PC, not over a hub or docking station.

Sounds strange, but this solved my problem.

Good luck,

Michael

Kmax18
Senior

Thank you, that worked, both the direct USB port together with a USB cable not designed for battery chargers. I did not know that USB charger cables are different from USB serial comm cables.

Frequently no Data Wires, and non-shielded..

ST-LINK/V2 can be very erratic on hubs, appearing to fail or disconnect, especially on read heavy transactions, ie verify after programming on external QSPI devices (5-10 mins of 256MB interactions)

Tips, Buy me a coffee, or three.. PayPal Venmo
Up vote any posts that you find helpful, it shows what's working..