cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Initializing Ov2640 camera

Rana1214
Associate II

I want to initialize ov2640 camera using custom board with stm32h733VGT but camera does not respond to I2C as i check it by I2C function  I2C device ready but it does not give ok in response but functions return ok if I attach it with any other sensor at I2C like IMU .Now I am trying it on WEACT STM32H7B0  board for camera and LCD but case is same.

Also Git Hub example of WEACT STM32H7B0 does not contain CubeIDE project file so it is not opening in CUBE IDE. I have old version of CubeIDE 6.10. 

I have attached files of my code kindly guide.

4 REPLIES 4
KDJEM.1
ST Employee

Hello @Rana1214 and welcome to the Community 🙂,

Could you please try to check the ov2640 drivers for that I advise you to refer to stm32-ov2640.

Also I advise you:

• to take a look at AN5020 precisely section "8 DCMI application examples", 
  • to update the STM32CubeIDE toolchain.

This AN5020 details the following typical examples of DCMI.

I hope this help you.

Kaouthar

To give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on Accept as Solution on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.

Rana1214
Associate II

Nothing helped! 
I have updated to the new IDE but problem remains same.
when i connect any other sensor like IMU I2c Device gives HAL_OK but when i connect camera it gives HAL_Error. I have tested it with multiple cameras but result is same

Nothing helped! 
I have updated to the new IDE but problem remains same.
when i connect any other sensor like IMU I2c Device gives HAL_OK but when i connect camera it gives HAL_Error. I have tested it with multiple cameras but result is same

KDJEM.1
ST Employee

Hello @Rana1214 ,

Thank you for updating post.

Could you please refer to stm324x9i_eval_camera.c and get inspired to initialize Ov2640 camera. This driver is used to drive the camera. The OV2640 component driver MUST be included with this driver.

Also, I recommend you to take a look at DCMI_CaptureMode example in STM32CubeF4  under this path \STM32Cube\Repository\STM32Cube_FW_F4_V1.28.0\Projects\STM324x9I_EVAL\Examples\DCMI\DCMI_CaptureMode. This example has been tested with STMicroelectronics STM324x9I-EVAL RevB evaluation boards, which includes the OV2640 camera module.

To troubleshoot the issue, you can start by connecting the camera, then use an oscilloscope to check the signal integrity on the I2C bus and ensure that the camera responds after its address is sent.
Thank you.
Kaouthar

To give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on Accept as Solution on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.