cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

sending photo with zigbee

Ndemir
Visitor

I take a photo with ov2640 camera. I try to send this photo with zigbee protocol from router to coordinator. I achive this but there is a problem. After I send a photo the communication is locked totally and I can't send any data.
Does zigbee protocal support to send this big data that I try to send?

1 REPLY 1
Peter BENSCH
ST Employee

Welcome @Ndemir, to the community!

This reminds me of the early days of email from the last millenium, when 56k modems were still common. Back then, someone had packed a CD into a ZIP archive and tried to send it by email. It was only a ‘small’ ZIP...

No, seriously: Zigbee was not developed for such data volumes, but ‘to create personal area networks with small, low-power digital radios, such as for home automation, medical device data collection, and other low-power low-bandwidth needs, designed for small scale projects which need wireless connection.’ [Wikipedia]

If you want to transmit images, you should use other suitable methods, such as WiFi.

Hope that answers your question?

Good luck!
/Peter

In order to give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on Accept as Solution on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.