cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Implement CAN Communication on STM32F407 discovery board.

rohitkumarkv07
Associate II

Implement CAN Communication on STM32F407 discovery board using register level programming.

In which we transmit some messages and receive same messages in loopback mode. Can you please write the code for this.

6 REPLIES 6
SofLit
ST Employee

Hello,

Simple: you can use CAN HAL examples and test then inspire from the diver implementation and see how it was implemented. And you need to use a CAN transceiver with the F407 discovery board in normal mode. The tranceiver is not needed in loopback mode.

To give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on "Accept as Solution" on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.

But I don't want to use HAL examples. I want register level programming. Could you please help me out.

I didn't say you have to use HAL, I said you can inspire from the driver implementation and the register sequence handling after testing a HAL example.

To give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on "Accept as Solution" on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.

Could you give me the example code for can communication in stm32f407 board. Just using register level programming.

Hello,

There is no CAN code example with register level. Inspiring from HAL driver will not be a hard task to do and sorry, I don't think there will be people that will do that job in your place unless he/they did it already and share it with you. 

You should be able to get some example code done for you here and even from here

If you find my answers useful, click the accept button so that way others can see the solution.