cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to power STM32H725IGK6

Bogdan
Senior

Hello,

i intend to use a STM32H725IGK6 device in my design.

The system will be suplied from a single 3.3 voltage source.

Apart from VDD,VBAT pins, i see this device has some VDDLDO pins, and 3 VCAP pins.

How shall i power the vddldo pins? Can i tie them together with VDD supply ( 3.3V) ?

As i understood the vddLDO pins is supling the internal core regulator.

And what about the VCAP pins? All 3 vcap pins must be connecter together with capacitor to ground? Or every vcap pin separate tied to GND via capacitor?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Bogdan
Senior

Hello,

thank you very much for the answers, i have left the vcap pins independent, each with its own 2.2uf capacitor.

I am not using the internal SMPS module ( i already managed to brik8 2-3 mcu's😁 because of that) .

3V3 is suplied directly to the LDO input pins, and everything seems to work well

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
Piranha
Chief II

Read the AN5419.

ChahinezC
Lead

Hello @Bogdan​,

As @Piranha​ mentioned, I recommend you referring to the "Power supplies" section of the AN5419 and for your design based on the STM32H725 you can check the Power supply decoupling of the "Recommended PCB routing guidelines for STM32H723/733, STM32H725/735 and STM32H730 microcontrollers" section.

Regards,

Chahinez.

LCE
Principal

... and in case of doubt have a look at the schematics of the dev boards for that series, like the H723 Nucleo or the H735 Discovery Kit.

Bogdan
Senior

Hello,

thank you very much for the answers, i have left the vcap pins independent, each with its own 2.2uf capacitor.

I am not using the internal SMPS module ( i already managed to brik8 2-3 mcu's😁 because of that) .

3V3 is suplied directly to the LDO input pins, and everything seems to work well