cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to interface or use STM32H563ZIT6 USB Host

Berlin-raj123
Associate III

Hi, I tried to configure the USB Host for a project, but it’s difficult to configure, and I am not finding any online support available for the STM32H5 series controller.

My requirement: I configured PB4 as an output, which is connected to a green LED. Whenever I plug the USB into my controller, the green light turns on, and whenever I remove the USB from the controller, the green light turns off.

I’ve tried some methods, but they are not working. Can anyone please help me?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Hello,

>> it is applicable for Customized board STM32H563ZIT6 Controller?

No.

As per STM32H563 reference manual , there is a "Universal serial bus full-speed host/device interface"

So, host mode is supported on that chip, if you've made a design of your own, it should work.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
Berlin-raj123
Associate III

sorry i Mis-understandingly mention the labels as STM32G0 Series.but The original Label is STM32H5 

Mike_ST
ST Employee

Hello,

you can find an USB HOST example for STM32H5 in the Projects\STM32H573I-DK\Applications\USBX\Ux_Host_HID_CDC_ACM folder of the software package availbable here:

STM32H5 SW package 

Your project seems to make use of an old package v1.1.1 when v1.3.0 is available.

Just in case you're using a Nucleo 144 with STM32H563ZIT6, host mode is not supported on that board.

@Mike_ST 

>Just in case you're using a Nucleo 144 with STM32H563ZIT6, host mode is not supported on that board.

it is applicable for Customized board STM32H563ZIT6 Controller?

Hello,

>> it is applicable for Customized board STM32H563ZIT6 Controller?

No.

As per STM32H563 reference manual , there is a "Universal serial bus full-speed host/device interface"

So, host mode is supported on that chip, if you've made a design of your own, it should work.