cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

H745ZI-Q, NoST-Link detected

MariuszTerebecki
Associate II

I have an H745ZI-Q board. I use it only with default settings. I have connected and programmed it on three different computers for learning purposes. At some point, the board stopped connecting to the computer. In STM32CubeProgrammer, the Serial Number field shows 'No ST-Link detected,' and under Linux, messages appear regardless of whether BOOT0 is connected to VDD or not.

[ 2316.864737] usb usb1-port8: attempt power cycle
[ 2317.276368] usb 1-8: new full-speed USB device number 76 using xhci_hcd
[ 2317.276560] usb 1-8: Device not responding to setup address.
[ 2317.484673] usb 1-8: Device not responding to setup address.
[ 2317.692415] usb 1-8: device not accepting address 76, error -71
[ 2317.820414] usb 1-8: new full-speed USB device number 77 using xhci_hcd
[ 2317.820602] usb 1-8: Device not responding to setup address.
[ 2318.028593] usb 1-8: Device not responding to setup address.
[ 2318.236406] usb 1-8: device not accepting address 77, error -71
[ 2318.236550] usb usb1-port8: unable to enumerate USB device

12 REPLIES 12
STTwo-32
ST Employee

Hello @MariuszTerebecki and welcome to the ST Community 😊.

I suggest you to take a look at this post. It may solve your issue. Else, can you add more details specially screenshots.

Best Regards.

STTwo-32 

To give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on Accept as Solution on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.

No ST-LINK implies issue with drivers or cables, not with the Target IC itself.

Make sure to use Data Cables not Charging Cables, avoid docks and hubs.

Tips, Buy me a coffee, or three.. PayPal Venmo
Up vote any posts that you find helpful, it shows what's working..

I checked 8 different cables. Including two on which I previously programmed this board.

Pavel A.
Evangelist III

[ 2317.820602] usb 1-8: Device not responding to setup address.

Check the board power. Does it need a separate supply? Jumpers for power selection set correctly?

Thank you to everyone for the advice provided so far and for your time, however, the issue lies with something else.

LED COM blinking slowly RED

LD5 is lit in green

LD1 and LD3 are blinking - the recently loaded application is running

IMG_20240225_135702.jpg

Try on a different machine, or others, and with WIndows. If nothing recognizes the USB device you've perhaps damaged the card electrically. Say put it on a conductive surface.

If it can recognize the STM32 Target, then add a jumper for BOOT0 to VDD, as this might allow for recovery of dual core H7 with the wrong LDO / SMPS settings.

For other things, consider what you were doing BEFORE the device failed, and if that might shed light on WHY it has stopped working.

I've tried running the board on various computers with Windows 7, Windows 10, Ubuntu 22.04, and Arch Linux kernel 6.1.6, always with the same outcome. I've only used it for running simple projects. The board has always been placed on an antistatic surface, and I've been careful about that. It has never been powered by external voltage; it has always been powered by the built-in ST-Link. The issue arose once after flashing a simple project with blinking LEDs. Previously, the board worked fine with various projects. The last uploaded application is functioning properly. However, it's not possible to connect to the board via ST-Link.

Don't anti-static surfaces conduct?

?