cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

[BUG] ST-Link firmware verification - No ST-LINK detected message since 1.4.x update.

gcrisa
Associate III

On Windows 10, I just updated (again) to the 1.4.2 version, hoping to solve this issue, yet nothing changed.

Already tried a clean install (again) and re-installed the latest STM32CubeProgrammer: nothing changed.

Will ST handle this sooner or later please? Or at least give some help in diagnosing the problem? Thanks

64 REPLIES 64

Hi, yes indeed I tried MS32, didn't think of trying also the MinGW as I thought they were the same no matter the compiler...

Hey,

Same issue here on mac, did you have a patched .dylib version for MacOS?

You can try this libusb for MacOs.

Awesome thanks heaps.

Did it work on Mac Os with this newer libusb version ?

I patched the libusb inside the folder and it didn't work initially. So I clean installed 1.4.0 from the site and updated again to 1.4.2 and it works perfectly now.

Oops! Did you do the new istall and then patched the libusb file inside the folder? And secondly, in what folder?

Thanks for reply.

Have a good day.

Hi LaurentL,

can you describe where to put the mentioned content of the file macos_libusb, please. (I assume after after extracting) I am not that familiar with computer insides ... I searched on my Mac for older files like that, but could not find a path, which makes sense to me. I only found the path Macintosh_HD/usr/local/lib/ ... connected to an older file of the name libusb-1.0.0.dylib ...

Thanks for reply.

Have a good day

Andreas

Hi,

I don't know the MacOs file system.

But from TahaS's answer, it seems he didn't have to patch the lib but more to do a clean install 1.4.0 and then update to 1.4.2.

Try that before patching the libusb.

Rgds,

Laurent

Not applicable