cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Brand new STM32F769I-Disco board shows only black screen

RCooke88
Associate III

Hi Folks,

Just received the STM32F769I-Disco Discovery board. I made sure the that the CN3 jumper was on the STLK position. When I plugged in the USB connector nothing happens on the screen it stays black.

I found a previous post dated 2023-07-06 10:07 AM "Brand new STM32F769I-DISCO board showing black screen"
This user seems to have had my exact problem. Not sure why these boards are being shipped blank.

I followed the instructions that Aime (ST employee) suggested. I downloaded the compiled demo "STM32769I-DISCO_DEMO_V1.0.0_FULL.hex" and using the STM32CubeProgrammer I think I loaded it onto the board. I say "I think" because when I reset the board the backlight turns on and "life.augmented" shows up at the bottom of the screen but that's it, nothing else.

The only thing I can think of that I did wrong is maybe I didn't load the file at the proper address? What is the correct address? Is there something else I can try?

And my board had the same test sticker as the Wol (the other user with the same problem) on the board has T1-T4 all ticked, but no tick on the QA box.

Thanks,

Richard

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Hello @RCooke88 ,

No demonstration software preloaded in MB1225-F769-B03 main board with MB116-A09 LCD as mentioned in UM2033 table 15

I advise you to use the examples (BSP,...)shared in STM32CubeF7. This revision board is supported by all examples in STM32CubeF7.

KDJEM1_0-1694590753673.png

I hope this help you!

Thank you for your contribution in STCommunity 🙂.

Kaouthar

To give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on Accept as Solution on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
KDJEM.1
ST Employee

Hello @RCooke88 ,

Could you please precise the the exact name of the board revision ( MB1225-F769-Revxx) and of the LCD revision (MB1166 Revxx) ?

Note that No demonstration software preloaded in some revisions boards. For that, please refer to UM2033 Table 15. Product history.

If you want to test the board screen, you can use the examples (BSP,...)shared in STM32CubeF7.

I hope this help you!

Kaouthar

To give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on Accept as Solution on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.

You need to use the External Loader to download some image content from the .HEX files.

There are perhaps other HAL examples that can display more to show the screen more active. Most people are reprogramming the boards and not using the demo in their application. 

Tips, Buy me a coffee, or three.. PayPal Venmo
Up vote any posts that you find helpful, it shows what's working..

Hi KD,

The STM32F769I-Disco board is #MB1225-F769I-B03 and the screen is MB1166-A09. I hope this helps.

Thanks,

Richard

Hello @RCooke88 ,

No demonstration software preloaded in MB1225-F769-B03 main board with MB116-A09 LCD as mentioned in UM2033 table 15

I advise you to use the examples (BSP,...)shared in STM32CubeF7. This revision board is supported by all examples in STM32CubeF7.

KDJEM1_0-1694590753673.png

I hope this help you!

Thank you for your contribution in STCommunity 🙂.

Kaouthar