cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

B-U585I-IOT02A Wifi Module EMW3080(BP) update source code from ST

JRobe.2
Associate III

Hi, 

We have developed a product based on the B-U585I-IOT02A platform that includes the wifi part EMW3080(BP) from MXChip.  Our product boardset contains the above MXChip part and we have developed our application code based on the example NetX Duo and EMW3080 driver code.  It all works very well. The problem is that we cannot source the EMW3080 part varient as used by the B-U585I-IOT02A.  None of the available MXChip parts will accept the ST-authored update needed to make the example drivers work.  I have contacted MXChip, the manufacturer of the wifi part and I have been told that we need a EMW3080(BP) part with firmware version 0000.0000.A214 however, they cannot sell them to me. Only ST can order this part.  

I would very much like to continue with our current product design without having to recode the wifi divers.

Can the ST engineers responsible for the B-U585I-IOT02A give some guidance as to how we can aquire the above part? Can MXChip be advised to sell this part in general?  Is it possible that ST could provide the source code for the EMW3080B firmware update available here?

X-WIFI-EMW3080B - WiFi firmware update for MXCHIP EMW3080B on STM32 boards - STMicroelectronics

We are on a time-critical development path and do not want to have to generate the wifi soc interface code for a different wifi solution.

Thank you, ST.

Scot R

0 REPLIES 0