cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

1: Failed to start GDB server, Error in initializing ST-LINK device. Reason: No device found on target

HZuñi.1
Associate

Hi! I have this problem with my STM32F401RE and STM32G431RB when i connect the target and try to flash my code with CubeIde, I tried to solve this using ST Link Utility, CubeProgrammer, upgrating drivers but nothings works, my G431 firmware isn't recognized by any program and can't upgrated that, F401 is recognized but doesn't work and had same error (st link and no target found), the F401 and G31 chip are getting hot when are connected, if someone can help to resolve this problem, i will appreciate it.

3 REPLIES 3
TDK
Guru

> the F401 and G31 chip are getting hot when are connected

You have a hardware or wiring problem. If it's happening on multiple boards, sounds like the programmer is the problem. Software isn't going to cause that.

What is your programmer and how are you connecting it? Be specific.

Unless these are just nucleo boards, then it sounds like they're damaged or miswired.

If you feel a post has answered your question, please click "Accept as Solution".

Hi there! thanks for answering.

•I don't have any pin in use, i just connect the board through the cable to the computer and the chip begins to heat, i use the stmcubeide (with the g431 this problem happened for the first time when the software asked me to update the target to flash)

Then perhaps the cable is faulty.
If you feel a post has answered your question, please click "Accept as Solution".