cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Support Linux & AOSP

phucle
Associate

Hi supporter, I'm working with ST25R for NFC reader which read e-passport.

In our current set up, system run on STM32MP1, some open source provides example via CCID and pcsc-lite driver.

Based on my knowledge, currently only userspace application is supported.

Any chance that we can make pcsc-lite works with ST25R?

Thanks,

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
ramprakash08
Associate III

Based on the information provided, it seems you are trying to use the pcsc-lite driver with the ST25R NFC reader on a system running on STM32MP1. While the ST25R series does support various host interfaces including SPI and UART, there isn't a direct support for pcsc-lite in the ST25R's firmware.

However, it might be possible to create a custom driver that interfaces between the pcsc-lite and the ST25R's SPI or UART interface. This would involve writing a hardware abstraction layer that translates the pcsc-lite commands to SPI or UART commands that the ST25R can understand.

Please note that this would require a good understanding of both the pcsc-lite software and the ST25R's hardware interfaces. If you are not familiar with driver development, it might be beneficial to seek the help of a software engineer with experience in this area.

Also, please be aware that this is a theoretical solution and has not been tested. Therefore, it might not work as expected or might require additional modifications to get it working.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
ramprakash08
Associate III

Based on the information provided, it seems you are trying to use the pcsc-lite driver with the ST25R NFC reader on a system running on STM32MP1. While the ST25R series does support various host interfaces including SPI and UART, there isn't a direct support for pcsc-lite in the ST25R's firmware.

However, it might be possible to create a custom driver that interfaces between the pcsc-lite and the ST25R's SPI or UART interface. This would involve writing a hardware abstraction layer that translates the pcsc-lite commands to SPI or UART commands that the ST25R can understand.

Please note that this would require a good understanding of both the pcsc-lite software and the ST25R's hardware interfaces. If you are not familiar with driver development, it might be beneficial to seek the help of a software engineer with experience in this area.

Also, please be aware that this is a theoretical solution and has not been tested. Therefore, it might not work as expected or might require additional modifications to get it working.

Hi, currently, I found that only scanner example is supported in Linux environment. Other (like NDEF, ...) is not supported.

Or I miss something?