cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ST25dv16k enable the energy harvesting

HM J.1
Associate

I am new to NFC. Currently, I have an ST25dv16k NFC. I wrote the EEPROM using the example Arduino code provided in GitHub. I am trying to enable the energy harvesting feature. How will I assign EN_MODE register to 0. Please help.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
JL. Lebon
ST Employee

Hello,

There is tow ways of activating EH in ST25DV: EH enable after boot or EH enabled on-demand.

EH enabled after boot means that EH is enabled as soon as RF field is strong enough.

EH enabled on-demand means that you need to enable it manually by writing a dynamic register each time you want to have EH.

EH on boot can be enabled by writing in the Static configuration register EH_MODE with value 0.

This can be done in Arduino with the ST25DV_i2c_WriteEHMode(ST25DV_EH_ACTIVE_AFTER_BOOT).

EH on demand can be set by writing a 1 in the dynamic register EH_CTRL_Dyn.

In Arduino, this is done with ST25DV_i2c_SetEHENMode_Dyn() and ST25DV_i2c_ResetEHENMode_Dyn().

Best regards.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
JL. Lebon
ST Employee

Hello,

There is tow ways of activating EH in ST25DV: EH enable after boot or EH enabled on-demand.

EH enabled after boot means that EH is enabled as soon as RF field is strong enough.

EH enabled on-demand means that you need to enable it manually by writing a dynamic register each time you want to have EH.

EH on boot can be enabled by writing in the Static configuration register EH_MODE with value 0.

This can be done in Arduino with the ST25DV_i2c_WriteEHMode(ST25DV_EH_ACTIVE_AFTER_BOOT).

EH on demand can be set by writing a 1 in the dynamic register EH_CTRL_Dyn.

In Arduino, this is done with ST25DV_i2c_SetEHENMode_Dyn() and ST25DV_i2c_ResetEHENMode_Dyn().

Best regards.