cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ST25DV04K NDEF Message gets corrupted.

MBell.4
Associate II

I am using ST25DV04K Tags, sometimes the NDEF Message gets corrupted.

So i can't rewrite an NDEF Message because the tag is not formatted anymore, in Android is no problem, the writendef function reformat the tag, but in ios it's not the case. Is there a solution to reformat the tag from iOS ?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
France Berthelot
ST Employee

Hello

FYI, last version of our iOS app has been updated to be able to detect Tag even if no ndef or corrupted one. You can then go to Area content editor to make updates

Regards,FB

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
Brian TIDAL
ST Employee

Hi,

can you share the content of the memory (starting from block #0) when the NDEF message is corrupted? Can you share some details on how the message gets corrupted?

Thanks

Rgds

BT

In order to give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on Accept as Solution on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.
MBell.4
Associate II

Hi,

Here is a better description for my problem.

In iOS before writing the ndef, coreNFC has to test if the tag NDEF Compatibel is, using the function (queryNdef). We are using NDEF Tags so we don't need to query the ndef.

In Android the function writeNdef, format the Tag and write directly the NDEF without testing it.

How can i achieve that for iOS?.

Thanks,

Best regards

Mohamed

victor laraison
ST Employee

Hi Mohamed,

Do you use the iOS NFC Tap application ?

After checking source code, when a NDEF call back function is detected , we call the "queryNDEFStatus" and checking if the query fails. We don't handle status for an NDEF tag (ref to https://developer.apple.com/documentation/corenfc/nfcndefstatus) . We only check if query fails or not.

In addition, when writing NDEF, we never call "queryStatus" earlier in the code.

Please, could you tell me where "queryndef "is called before writing NDEF ?

Thx for information.

Br,

MBell.4
Associate II

Hi Victor,

I found recently a solution for the problem,

i was using the writeNdef function of the ISO5693 API of coreNFC, i think it does not update the CC file,

So before writing on NDEF i wrote two blocks, 0 and 1 with values of a the same blocks in a functioning tag, so it worked like a charm.

So i wanted to know if that was the problem and if it was the proper solution for it.

Best regards,

Mohamed

France Berthelot
ST Employee

Hello

FYI, last version of our iOS app has been updated to be able to detect Tag even if no ndef or corrupted one. You can then go to Area content editor to make updates

Regards,FB