Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Board turns black instead of displaying GUI

tmehok
Associate

BACKROUND:

I am using TouchGFX Designer - 4.24.0

I am using the board STM32H735G-DK

This generates STM projects in STM32CubeMX V6.11.0 using STM32Cube FW_H7_V1.11.1

When I am done with touchGFX I go to STM32Cube IDE to do some scripting on the behaviors of the GUI.

When I open the .IOC file for the first time I am prompted with a message that wants me to migrate my project to STM32CubeMX V6.11.1 using STM32Cube FW_H7_V1.11.2

PROBLEM:

If I say no to the migration and I attempt to give a "job"(EX: GPIO output) to a pin then generate code it will not correctly generate code in the main.c file. A few forums talked about the main.h or gpio.c and I look into those with no luck either. If I run the program the basic GUI set up in TouchGFX appears on the screen

If I say yes it works! All the correct code is generated correctly in the main.c file. When I attempt to run the program it executes very fast and displays a black screen after it finishes executing. No error messages occur.

EXTRANOTES:

I am not extremely familiar with all of the sections of code that are edited both by touchGFX and the stmIDE. I am slowly learning attempting to use this board in an HMI context for construction job applications. 

The only thing I did not fully attempt through was creating the project on the IDE and possibly porting it over to touch GFX.

I will add a link to a drop box with the zip file of both a migrated and not migrated project, both should have very similar and simple guis 

https://www.dropbox.com/scl/fi/bcebbg56d8x27mtq386y0/TouchGFXProjects.zip?rlkey=hs6hqk65bq8j6z23hkfn3yfjs&st=suk3ohth&dl=0 

These projects are purely for testing so don't feel afraid to change them if needed.

EDIT

Same day I realized that once I bring it over to the STMIDE, then attempt to open it in touchGFX again it is "corrupted". This is for the migrated and not migrated version.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Hello @tmehok ,

I understand the issue of code generation failing due to no migration. However, that part is outside of TouchGFX code generation because it is handled by STM32CubeMX. 
One simple solution could be to open your STM32CubeMX project (.ioc) file directly from STM32CubeMX, not STM32CubeIDE, and then, use your preferred IDE to edit the code.

Regarding the process of creating a project in STM32CubeIDE and porting it to TouchGFX, I suggest following the documentation available here

I hope this answers your question, feel free to ask more if you need, 

Mohammad MORADI
ST Software Developer | TouchGFX

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1

Hello @tmehok ,

I understand the issue of code generation failing due to no migration. However, that part is outside of TouchGFX code generation because it is handled by STM32CubeMX. 
One simple solution could be to open your STM32CubeMX project (.ioc) file directly from STM32CubeMX, not STM32CubeIDE, and then, use your preferred IDE to edit the code.

Regarding the process of creating a project in STM32CubeIDE and porting it to TouchGFX, I suggest following the documentation available here

I hope this answers your question, feel free to ask more if you need, 

Mohammad MORADI
ST Software Developer | TouchGFX