cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I wonder why the ST25PC-NFC program closed after run in my new computer with Windows 10.

KYip.1
Associate II

Actually, I download ST25PC-NFC program on web and installed in a new Windows 10 to my computer. Unfortunately, the program cannot run properly. The program front page would pop out to screen and closed the window immediately.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Damien G.
ST Employee

Thanks for the answers. I'll assume you downloaded and installed v2.5.0 of the ST25NFC PC software.

Have you tried running it in Administrator mode ?

In case extra drivers were needed for Windows 10, I suggest that you install the 3911B-Disco PC GUI software.

and see if the ST25R3911B-disco board is recognized.

Then try the ST25PC-NFC again.

View solution in original post

10 REPLIES 10
Damien G.
ST Employee

Hello and sorry for the inconvenience. The program is designed to run on Windows 10 so this is not normal behavior.

Do you mind answering a few questions please :

What version did you download?

Have you restarted the computer after the installation?

Do you have a reader connected on the USB port, and if so which one?

Thank you!

KYip.1
Associate II

What version did you download? Windows 10 (21H1)

Have you restarted the computer after the installation? restarted many times

Do you have a reader connected on the USB port, and if so which one? yes we did connect the ST25R3911B-DISCO

KYip.1
Associate II

any driver need to installed to Windows 10 (21H1)?

please advise.

Damien G.
ST Employee

Thanks for the answers. I'll assume you downloaded and installed v2.5.0 of the ST25NFC PC software.

Have you tried running it in Administrator mode ?

In case extra drivers were needed for Windows 10, I suggest that you install the 3911B-Disco PC GUI software.

and see if the ST25R3911B-disco board is recognized.

Then try the ST25PC-NFC again.

KYip.1
Associate II

actually, the 3911B-Disco PC GUI software can run in our computer very well.

However, my computer could not run ST25PC-NFC program properly, it is our concerns.

It is because our original testers build with ST25PC-NFC program, if I make it change to another program, I need to modify our test procedure and inform 5 different location factories, US, Mexico and China.

That's why I'd like to insist to make things happen with ST25PC-NFC with my computer in Windows 10 (21H1).

Damien G.
ST Employee

What happens when you run the ST25NFC-PC software in Administrator mode ?

Also, could you please try and launch the Windows EventViewer to see if you get any clue on what could cause the problem?

KYip.1
Associate II

Hi Damien,

Thanks for your support.

I will try it again and see any error coming out in Event Viewer.

I will get back to you once I resume the computer in our factory production.

Thank you,

Wai

Hello Wai,

We have found a Windows 10 machine with the 21H1 update and the install works fine.

Can you tell me if the crash still happens for you when there is no ST25R3911B-Disco board connected at program start?

Thanks,

Damien

KYip.1
Associate II

Hi Damien,

thanks for your updated.

actually, our factory removed my remote control access right due to hit our internal IT maintenance schedule.

I will try again and update you once our remote control ready.

Thank you for your continuous support.

Thank you very much.

Wai