cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error : Unable to get core ID

mrgcap
Associate

Hi everyone,

I'm using a Nucleo WL55JC1 trying to run the Lorawan AT_slave application. When trying to run the project in STM32CubeIDE, I get the error "no device found on target". Did the process of the solution on this post : https://community.st.com/t5/stm32cubeide-mcus/error-in-stm32-cube-ide-on-nucleo-f746zg-target-no-device-found/td-p/54578

The Cube Programmer is able to connect correctly to the device, and to write the programm successfully, but when trying to run, I get "Error : Unable to get Core ID", and the device disconnects.

The Nucleo board is connected through USB to my Windows computer. I didn't modify anything in the LoRawan_AT_slave project code.

Does anyone have an idea about how to solve the problem ?

Thanks in advance!

3 REPLIES 3
STTwo-32
ST Employee

Hello @mrgcap and welcome to the ST Community 😊.

Could you try using a USB Data cable and not a charging one. Also, try different USB ports on your PC.

Best Regards.

STTwo-32

To give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on Accept as Solution on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.

Hi,thank you for your reply !

I tried with two different cables and two different USB ports on my PC, but always get the same error. If the cable or the port was the problem, could I have been able to flash the program on the Nucleo ?

Also, I tried with two other brand new Nucleo boards, same model, and the same error appears on these two boards.

Do you have any other idea about what I could try ?

Thank you !

Uwe Bonnes
Principal III

Probably you are running some deep sleep mode without setting the bits in DBGMCU to keep the debugger connection active during sleep. Expect substantial more sleep current need with the debugger connection active .