cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to install X-CUBE-NFC6 software expansion package for STM32Cube ?

LMend.1
Associate II

(EDIT: Already responded on X-CUBE-NFC6 not a valid X-CUBE-Expansion and missing files from wmmcmj by Markus GIRDLAND (ST Employee))

I have been unable to install X-CUBE-NFC6 software expansion package for STM32Cube. I have two installations of STM32CubeIDE running in two PCs; both running version 1.8.0 of the IDE. None of them install the mentioned package.

When clicking “Open�? in the ST Package Selection File window from the Embedded Software Packages Manager, the message: “This file is either corrupted or not a recognized package . . . “, appears.

I have downloaded the file en.X-CUBE-NFC6_v1.1.0.zip several times already but no success on installation yet.

(I would like to test the X-NUCLEO-NFC06A1 board with a NUCLEO-F746ZG board).

Thanks in advance.

Luis

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Brian TIDAL
ST Employee

Hi,

X-CUBE-NFC6 is a firmware package that contains ready to compile demos for various MCU such as STM32L76RG. In its current version, it is not designed to be used directly in STM32CubeMX but as a standalone package.

If you want to use a NUCLEO-F746ZG as host MCU, I would recommend to define the various GPIOs and the SPI thanks to STM32CubeMX. You can have a look to the attached ioc file to retrieve the configuration for the SPI, IRQ, etc. Then you will have to integrate the various sources of the X-CUBE-NFC6 into the generated project.

Also I would recommend to use the STSW-ST25R-LIB firmware package: it contains new demos and an updated NFC communication stack (RFAL) compared to X-CUBE-NFC6

Rgds

BT

In order to give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on Accept as Solution on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Brian TIDAL
ST Employee

Hi,

X-CUBE-NFC6 is a firmware package that contains ready to compile demos for various MCU such as STM32L76RG. In its current version, it is not designed to be used directly in STM32CubeMX but as a standalone package.

If you want to use a NUCLEO-F746ZG as host MCU, I would recommend to define the various GPIOs and the SPI thanks to STM32CubeMX. You can have a look to the attached ioc file to retrieve the configuration for the SPI, IRQ, etc. Then you will have to integrate the various sources of the X-CUBE-NFC6 into the generated project.

Also I would recommend to use the STSW-ST25R-LIB firmware package: it contains new demos and an updated NFC communication stack (RFAL) compared to X-CUBE-NFC6

Rgds

BT

In order to give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on Accept as Solution on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.
LMend.1
Associate II

Thanks Brian.

I assume that the STSW-ST25R-LIB firmware package is also a standalone set, correct?

Luis

Yes,  STSW-ST25R-LIB is also a standalone firmware package