cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

X-NUCLEO-NFC03A1 not reading tags anymore

lcopparoni
Associate III

Hi everyone,

I'm new to this forum. I'm facing a problem: I'm using the X-NUCLEO-NFC03A1 evaluation board mounted on a NUCLEO-F401RE. I'm also using, with an Arduino UNO, the X-NUCLEO-NFC04A1 tag evaluation board. I'm using the Arduino IDE for now, but since yesterday everything worked great.

I'm able to install the Arduino STM32 library which contains the example code for the NFC03A1 reader. The upload to the board goes fine, and I can see in the console the message asking to press the user button to change mode, or just present an NFC tag to read its content. Now here comes the problem: without changing anything (nor code, nor board, nor the F401RE), suddenly the X-NUCLEO-NFC03A1 has stopped reading tags. If I press the user button in the NUCLEO it does change, and the LEDS on the X-NUCLEO-NFC03A1 power on, but anyway if I present the X-NUCLEO-NFC04A1 tag it does nothing, while some days ago it printed correctly the tag UID and told me there was no NDEF format message (in that case I was using my phone as a tag). As said, now, it doesn't work at all with any tag: nor my phone, nor the X-NUCLEO-NFC04A1, nor with another simple tag which was recognized some days ago.

Since I'm inexperienced I'm really asking if there may be a problem with the board, or I can solve the issue in some way. Thank you

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
lcopparoni
Associate III

Hi, thanks for the reply. I made some tries and in the end it was a contact problem between pins from the NUCLEO64 and the reader. Everything works now. Thank you!

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Brian TIDAL
ST Employee

Hi,

Can you probe the RF field with a scope to make sure the antenna is not damaged? You can use an oscilloscope probe where you connect the ground wire to the tip (building a loop) and put it in free air close to the tag antenna.

Also, can you connect a logic analyzer on SPI (CLK, SS, MISO, MOSI) + IRQ_IN + IRQ_OUT and send me the trace?

Rgds

BT

In order to give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on Accept as Solution on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.
lcopparoni
Associate III

Hi, thanks for the reply. I made some tries and in the end it was a contact problem between pins from the NUCLEO64 and the reader. Everything works now. Thank you!