cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to debug EVAL-ST95HF board using STM32F103RGT6 with atollic or KEIL uvision5

abarr.10
Associate II

Hello Everybody, I've a big problem to debug my EVAL-ST95HF board, i tried two ways to fix that:

• the first one: i unzipped the source folder getting EVAL-ST95HF_FW_V3.7.0 that i used with keil uvision5, when i build i get this error message and i've seen this file doesn't exist within the indicated directory and tried to install a previous version e.g keil uvision4.74 i've no managed to open project with the last one

Rebuild started: Project: DEMO_BOARD_ST95HF

*** Using Compiler 'V5.06 update 6 (build 750)', folder: 'C:\Keil_v5\ARM\ARMCC\Bin'

Rebuild target 'DEMO_BOARD_ST95HF'

compiling Firmware_Saving.c...

compiling menu_writer.c...

compiling menu_Tagemul.c...

compiling menu_cardemul.c...

compiling menu_reader.c...

compiling main.c...

compiling common.c...

compiling hw_config.c...

compiling menu_auto.c...

compiling menu.c...

compiling stm32f10x_it.c...

compiling PongExample.c...

compiling proprietary_p2p.c...

compiling drv_spi.c...

compiling drv_95HF.c...

compiling drv_interrupt.c...

compiling drv_uart.c...

compiling lib_nfctype1pcd.c...

compiling lib_nfctype2pcd.c...

compiling lib_nfctype3pcd.c...

compiling lib_nfctype4pcd.c...

compiling lib_iso7816pcd.c...

compiling lib_nfctype5pcd.c...

compiling lib_iso14443Apcd.c...

compiling lib_iso14443Bpcd.c...

compiling lib_iso18092pcd.c...

compiling lib_iso15693pcd.c...

compiling lib_PCD.c...

compiling lib_nfctype2picc.c...

compiling lib_PICCemulator.c...

compiling lib_nfctype4picc.c...

compiling lib_iso7816picc.c...

compiling lib_cardemul.c...

compiling lib_iso14443Apicc.c...

compiling lib_PICC.c...

compiling lib_flash_ndef.c...

compiling lib_proprietaryP2P.c...

compiling lib_NDEF_AAR.c...

compiling lib_NDEF.c...

compiling lib_ConfigManager.c...

compiling lib_NDEF_Email.c...

compiling lib_NDEF_Geo.c...

compiling lib_NDEF_SMS.c...

compiling lib_NDEF_URI.c...

compiling lib_NDEF_Text.c...

compiling lib_NDEF_Vcard.c...

compiling misc.c...

compiling lib_95HF_wrapper.c...

compiling stm32f10x_crc.c...

compiling stm32f10x_exti.c...

compiling stm32f10x_dma.c...

compiling stm32f10x_gpio.c...

compiling stm32f10x_spi.c...

compiling stm32f10x_rcc.c...

compiling stm32f10x_flash.c...

compiling stm32f10x_tim.c...

compiling drv_LED.c...

compiling stm32f10x_usart.c...

compiling drv_lcdspi_ili9341.c...

compiling usb_init.c...

compiling usb_int.c...

compiling usb_core.c...

compiling usb_mem.c...

compiling usb_desc.c...

compiling usb_sil.c...

compiling usb_regs.c...

compiling usb_endp.c...

compiling usb_istr.c...

compiling mass_mal.c...

compiling memory.c...

compiling msd_rw.c...

compiling nand_if.c...

compiling scsi_data.c...

compiling usb_hid.c...

compiling usb_bot.c...

compiling usb_scsi.c...

assembling startup_stm32f10x_xl.s...

compiling usb_prop.c...

compiling core_cm3.c...

compiling usb_pwr.c...

compiling system_stm32f10x.c...

linking...

.\Obj\DEMO_BOARD_ST95HF.axf: error: L6050U: The code size of this image (72548 bytes) exceeds the maximum allowed for this version of the linker.

Finished: 0 information, 0 warning, 0 error and 1 fatal error messages.

".\Obj\DEMO_BOARD_ST95HF.axf" - 1 Error(s), 0 Warning(s).

Target not created.

Build Time Elapsed: 00:00:06

• the second way, i installed STM32CubeProgrammer, i've managed to program my EVAL-ST95HF but not debugging

I've even tried with Atollic using ST-Link embed into nucleo board , nothing works

can you help me please? Which methode must i use to debug my board

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Brian TIDAL
ST Employee

​Hi,

for new development, it is recommended to use the ST25R95 IC which supports reader mode and Card Emulation mode over SPI with the same set of commands as the ST95HF. The X-NUCLEO-NFC03A1 is also the expansion board for the ST25R95.

Rgds

BT

In order to give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on Accept as Solution on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.

View solution in original post

16 REPLIES 16
Brian TIDAL
ST Employee

Hi,

you are probably using the evaluation version of Keil µvision 5 which has a image size limit. See http://www.keil.com/support/docs/3755.htm. You need to purchase the Keil µVison 5 product in order to be able to build the DEMO_BOARD_ST95HF project.

you can refer to UM1761 User Manual (Evaluation board for ST95HF NFC transceiver) for the debug and programming of the board. Basically, just connect a ST-LINK/V2 in-circuit debugger and programmer to the 20-pin JTAG port of the EVAL-ST95HF board

Rgds

BT

In order to give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on Accept as Solution on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.
abarr.10
Associate II

ok right, i get it, can i really use atollic IDE to debug EVAL-ST95HF board? because i created a new project from MCU (STM32F103RGTx) in CubeMX and then i built project into Atollic, but when debugging i get this message error0690X000008BbHUQA0.png

and when I use STM32 ST-Link Utility or STM32cubeProgrammer, i Successfully to download program but i can't debugg step by step. my goal is to build et debugg step by step to figure out how code is made, do you have any idea how to realize that or which tools i have to use without using full keil uvision5 version?

Brian TIDAL
ST Employee

​Hi,

which probe do you use (i.e. a ST-LINK/V2 probe with the 20 pins cable or the ST link module from a Nucleo-64 with wrapping)? Is the SWD NRST pin properly connected?

Can you check that SWD option is selected in your debug configuration?

Can you try to perform an Erase Chip with ST-LINK utility before lauching Atollic TrueSTUDIO?

Rgds

BT

P.-S. : on my side, using Atollic TrueSTUDIO Version: 9.3.0, I am able to compile, link and debug the FW through ST-LINK/V2. In order to narrow down your issue, I would suggest you create a very simple project with STM32CubeMX enabling the LED1 and the SWD and check that you able to connect the debugger

Brian TIDAL
ST Employee

Here is a very simple project​ that you can use to check the debugger connection.

Rgds

BT

abarr.10
Associate II

i'm using ST-Link/V2 probe, i managed to debug my new project with CubeMX, i had forgotten setting SYS Mode and configuration ( set Debug Mode to serial wire) when i generated the project. then i unzipped the EVAL-ST95HF project from ST website and imported it into atollic. When i build, i have multiple errors such as:

C:\users\ProjectDirectory\filename_where_the_probleme_is_located.h: error: fatal error no such file or directory #include "filename.h", i thought the problem was that i forgot to include all necessary path in Project->properties -> C/C++ General->Includes is it better? I've a few errors

or can you explain me what is the different steps i have to do, when you want to use a eval board project that have done with keil into Atollic please?

Brian TIDAL
ST Employee

​Hi,

on my side, I've created a TrueSTUDIO project skeleton using STM32CubeMX, then I've imported the files into that project except the startup_stm32f103xg.s (I've kept the one generated by STM32CubMX). I've updated the include paths (Project->properties -> C/C++->Settings->C-Compiler->Directories). I've updated the defines (Project->properties -> C/C++->Settings->C-Compiler->Symbols). I've not included the DEMO_BOARD_ST95HF.lib library (I've commented the 3 calls to this lib in the code).

Rgds

BT

abarr.10
Associate II

Hi Briand, thanks to answer me, when you say you've imported the files into that that project, you mean you opened your new created project and then clik on File menu -> import-File System or Projects From Forder or Archive, Because i'am trying to do like you said. i'was wondering if you passed by File Menu into atollic or if you've copied all file you needed from EVAL-ST95HF although there are the same file both in your new project across cubeMX and EVAL-ST95HF.

can you describe me your steps please?

Brian TIDAL
ST Employee

​Hi

Basically, I've created an dummy TrueSTUDIO project with STM32CubeMX. Then, I've removed all the exiting resources except the startup_stm32f103xg.s and the linker file. Then from windows explorer, I've dropped all the C  files into the src folder in Atollic (I've selected create linked resources in the popup window).

Here is the resulting project file (please unzip it in EVAL-ST95HF_FW_V3.7.0\Project\95HF_Example\ST95HF\ST95HF_DEMOBOARD_MB1145B as all the paths are relative to this location, you should have then a TrueSTUDIO folder aside to MDK-ARM folder)

Rgds

BT

abarr.10
Associate II

Hi Brian,

Thanks I was trying another way to debug before trying yours, it's worked mine.

I've created a TrueSTUDIO project with STM32CubeMX. then, I replaced all files in Src and Inc (Atollic Project ) by files located in src and inc (Eval-ST95HF) from windows explorer and I've imported all library folders( 95HF, NDEF...) into new atollic project as well those located into Utilities. finally, i 've updated the include paths(Project->Properties->C/C++->...).

Thanks too much