cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CR95HF firmware bridge

Dosan
Associate III

Hi, Im searching for develop a NFC reader using the CR95HF IC transceiver, but i dont know if ST has a STM32 MCU firmware bridge to be programmed. The CR95HF should be connect to PC and the commands sent through the 95HF IC.

I want to connect the CR95HF to PC and develop an APP to control the IC transceiver and read/write NFC tag IC ST25DV. So i need a firmware bridge to be programmed into a STM32 MCU. Maybe i will avoid develop the firmware.

So, i have found the STSW-M24LR007 and the package contain a STM32F103 Firmware, but its an old develop, so i cant open with STM32CubeIDE. Do you know if this firmware has a earlier update or ST has other package to be used? Do you know if this firmware is a bridge?

Maybe you could introduce other recent options.

thanks,

Best Regards,

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Brian TIDAL
ST Employee

Hi Dosan

you can use the CR95HF RF transceiver board from the M24LR-DISCOVERY evaluation kit that can be connected to a PC through USB. This is bridging the CR95HF to a PC. On PC side you can then install the STSW-95HF001 package that provides a simple PC GUI to control the CR95HF RF Transceiver board through USB. In addition this provides a CR95HF.dll dynamic library that can be used to develop you own C/C++ application. See AN3954 (Developing your own Visual Basic or C/C++ application) and related STSW-95HF002 package.

Rgds

BT

In order to give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on Accept as Solution on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
Peter BENSCH
ST Employee

Welcome, @Dosan​, to the community!

The CR95HF can be controlled via UART or SPI. If you want to control it from a PC, an easy option might be to use a UART-USB converter. An STM32, for example, can also be used for this.

The entire control of the CR95HF would then be done from the PC.

Good luck!

If the problem is resolved, please mark this topic as answered by selecting Select as best. This will help other users find that answer faster.

/Peter

In order to give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on Accept as Solution on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.
Brian TIDAL
ST Employee

Hi Dosan

you can use the CR95HF RF transceiver board from the M24LR-DISCOVERY evaluation kit that can be connected to a PC through USB. This is bridging the CR95HF to a PC. On PC side you can then install the STSW-95HF001 package that provides a simple PC GUI to control the CR95HF RF Transceiver board through USB. In addition this provides a CR95HF.dll dynamic library that can be used to develop you own C/C++ application. See AN3954 (Developing your own Visual Basic or C/C++ application) and related STSW-95HF002 package.

Rgds

BT

Dosan
Associate III

Hi Peter and Brian,

Thanks for your replies.

If i want use SPI comuication (i have see that the SPI is more used). Do you know if SPI is faster than UART? If i want use SPI, do you have any firmware that i could upload to a STM32 MCU? or maybe could i use an USB-SPI bridge?

The commands sent to CR95HF throught UART are the same that SPI?

If i use a USB Serial Converter (COM Port or Virtual COM Port), the CR95HF.dll library could be used? Do you know if i could use your "CR95HF_Development_Software"? Are recognised the CR95HF or not?

Thanks for your support

Best Regards,

Brian TIDAL
ST Employee

Hi Dosan,

Do you plan to build your own custom board or the CR95HF RF transceiver board from the M24LR-DISCOVERY evaluation kit ?

The CR95HF RF transceiver board from the M24LR-DISCOVERY evaluation kit comes with an embedded firmware that basically bridges CR95HF commands to the PC over USB HID. The CR95HF.dll DLL on PC allows users to build Windows applications using the various commands.

For other questions:

• Do you know if SPI is faster than UART?  Yes. SPI is recommended vs UART.
  • If i want use SPI, do you have any firmware that i could upload to a STM32 MCU? You can reuse and adapt the FW from the STSW-M24LR007 source package. This is the FW from the CR95HF RF transceiver board from the M24LR-DISCOVERY evaluation kit.
  • the commands sent to CR95HF throught UART are the same that SPI? almost yes, some commands are UART specific (e.g. BaudRate command)
  • If i use a USB Serial Converter (COM Port or Virtual COM Port), the CR95HF.dll library could be used? No, this library is designed to communicate with the CR95HF RF transceiver board from the M24LR-DISCOVERY evaluation kit through USB HID. If you use a USB Serial convertor, on the PC you will see a virtual Com port and you will have to format and sent the CR95HF command by yourself.

Rgds

BT

Dosan
Associate III

Hi Brian,

Thans for your reply. Last question about FW from STSW-M24LR007. Tha project is created to be used with Keil IDE, do you know if port to CubeIDE exist?

Best Regards,

Brian TIDAL
ST Employee

Hi,

only the Keil project is provided in this package. Port to STM32CubeIDE has to be done by users.

Rgds

BT

Dosan
Associate III

Ok, thanks for your replies.

Best Regards,