cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I Want help To read/write RFID tag using X-NUCLEO-NFC03A1 (CR95HF) and nucleo-F072RB boards.

suhas_badve
Associate

I have purchased X-NUCLEO-NFC03A1 (CR95HF) evalboard, and nucelo-F072RB board.

I want to develop RFID reader/writer . Please suggest a firmware example code which I can program in the eval board. Secondly Does ST has any PC based utility which can be used to send commands to nuclo board to read and write RFID cards/tags. Please share videos which demonstrate the same.

Thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Brian TIDAL
ST Employee

Hi,

The ST25 embedded NFC library (STSW-ST25R017) provides FW support for the X-NUCLEO-NFC03A1 expansion board. It contains various ready to use examples (such as simple polling, NDEF read/write, etc.) running on NUCLEO-L476RG. This can be easily ported on NUCLEO-F072RB.

The FW is running in standalone mode on the micro controller so there is no PC based utility for the nucleo board.

Rgds

BT

In order to give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on Accept as Solution on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Brian TIDAL
ST Employee

Hi,

The ST25 embedded NFC library (STSW-ST25R017) provides FW support for the X-NUCLEO-NFC03A1 expansion board. It contains various ready to use examples (such as simple polling, NDEF read/write, etc.) running on NUCLEO-L476RG. This can be easily ported on NUCLEO-F072RB.

The FW is running in standalone mode on the micro controller so there is no PC based utility for the nucleo board.

Rgds

BT

In order to give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on Accept as Solution on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.

Hi Brian,

Thanks for the input, Please suggest porting steps.

Brian TIDAL
ST Employee

Hi,

the most simple is to generate your project from STM32CubeMX. See https://community.st.com/t5/st25-nfc-rfid-tags-and-readers/hello-i-have-a-question-that-x-nucleo-nfc03a1-cann-t-read-and/td-p/273839 that contains an example of X-NUCLEO-NFC03A1 ioc file for NUCLEO-L476RG that can help for configuring NUCLEO-F072RB (SPI,LEDs, log UART, etc.). For the SPI, make sure to use the proper prescaler according to your clock settings. Check as well the proper pin assignment.

Rgds

BT