cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to Connect VN750PS-E Driver Circuit

Oido
Associate II

안녕하세요
VN750PS-E 드라이버를 통해 모터를 구동하는 회로를 작성하겠습니다.
INPUT에는 5V MCU 신호가 있고 12V 전압이 VCC에 연결됩니다. OUTPUT에는 모터가 연결되어 있습니다.
하지만 STATUS 핀을 처리하는 방법을 모르기 때문에 이런 글을 남깁니다.
데이터 시트에 따르면 Rprot는 10k 크기의 저항으로 연결되며, 그 전에 MCU의 5V가 아닌 전원 공급 장치에서 추가 5V가 나오는데 맞습니까? 누구든지 좀 더 이해하기 쉬운 그림을 말하거나 그릴 수 있습니까?

STATUS 핀을 제대로 연결할 수 없었던 현재 상황을 게시하고 있습니다.
감사합니다.

AAAA.jpg

16 REPLIES 16

1111.jpg

Thank you.
As you said, I didn't connect to the STATUS pin. This way, I can drive the motor or solenoid except for the function of the STATUS pin, right?
But don't worry, I will protect the parts in other ways.
Thank you. Thank you.

Peter BENSCH
ST Employee

Yes.

In order to give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on Accept as Solution on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.

Q.jpg

I apologize if I'm offended by my question.
I connected each load with several drivers.
VCC_LOAD is a 12 volt power supply.
Will a run-off like that cause a short of LOAD on the ground?
My boss doesn't tell me why, but I questioned if the short doesn't occur. From what I've studied, HIGH-SIDE goes through the switch (driver) on the power source and goes to the ground after the load.
There are so many SOLs and SOL- is connected to the ground and I want to point out the wrong part.

I thank you PETER every time.

Don't worry, I don't feel offended.

I don't know what you mean by short of load on the ground. In my opinion, your circuit looks comprehensible and the VN750PS are wired correctly:

• VCC to VCC_Load
  • GND to ground
  • buffer capacitors of 100nF on each VCC pin
  • OUTPUTs of a VN750 together on one load each (Sol+)
  • Sol- each to GND
  • INPUT of a VN750 as control input

Depending on the number of VN750s and load resistance, C30 (currently 470µF) may need to be increased, possibly also by several distributed capacitors, which should be connected to the VCC pins as short and wide as possible due to the inductance of the tracks.

The only point: even if CAN is quite immune to interference due to its differential mode of operation, the immediate neighbourhood to SOL1+ on connector U2 could have negative effects if you control the VN750 with PWM. In the case of low-frequency switched loads, however, this should be OK.

Regards
/Peter

In order to give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on Accept as Solution on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.

Thank you for your answer.
According to my boss, the - poles of SOL 1-7 load will meet on the common ground and cause a short. Is this correct?
Honestly I'm not sure, no matter how much I think about it, this is the only way to use HIGH-SIDE SWITCH.
Isn't it the right thing to have the ground in common on a PCB? Of course, I think it can be disconnected for delicate signals or different power supply voltages. But isn't it normal to have it in common unless that's the case?
I'm still learning so I can't confidently say what I'm trying to say to my boss so I'm honestly not sure how to say it....

There are 7 VN750 and the number of SOL is 7. Each has + and - and it is connected to 14 wires. I thought C30 was 1000uF, but my boss said this is big. So I used 470uF.
I expect to use 1~1.2A for each SOL instantaneously.

Also, thank you for your advice regarding CAN. I intend to keep CAN away from VN750 port as per your advice.

Thank you. PETER

It suddenly came to my mind, should SOL1- be connected to GND, pin 1 of VN750??

Q.jpg

Peter BENSCH
ST Employee

You are absolutely right: a high side switch is connected to the supply voltage to be switched and switches this to the load, which in turn is connected to GND. If you have several high side switches, as in your case, all GNDs are connected together, so everything is correct in your case.

Ground is called ground because it is a common ground. You would now have to carefully explain to your boss that his view is ... ahem... does not quite correspond to the fact. You might ask him for his opinion on a somewhat simplified but exactly similar scenario, which I have illustrated in the following picture. Does a short circuit occur there if you close both switches?

High-Side-Switches_simplified.png

Thank you, I have solved this problem. Thank you for your kind help.