cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

l9301-diagnosis function

hanjinpeng
Associate

Hello, STMicroelectronics team: Currently, our solution is to communicate with SPI1 four wires on TC233 and SPI four wires on L9301 to read the fault diagnosis information of L9301. The problem we are currently facing is that when I am not externally connected to the load and do not add a driver to L9301, the diagnostic information is read through SPI. However, the 8-way low side register and 4-way high side register are unable to feedback an open circuit fault, There is no open circuit fault feedback in the SR1-SR12 (0x11-0x1C) Driver status register, and when I manually create a short ground fault, only the high side open tube has fault feedback. When I manually create a short power supply fault, only the low side has fault feedback. However, I feel that this power supply fault is problematic because according to the data worksheet, only the high side can report a short power supply fault, and the low side cannot report a short power supply fault. Is there a routine for SPI to read fault information? Also, is there a method to create a short ground or short power supply? Can you provide a simple explanation so that we can test the fault diagnosis information of the L9301 chip ourselves? Can you help? Thank you very much;

0 REPLIES 0