cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Getting Started with STEVAL - SPIN3202.

TPate.2
Associate

Hello, I got board STEVAL - SPIN3202 and i want to use it with BLDC motor. how i will get getting started with it? i even not found any example. can anyone direct me to that? Thanks.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Bruno_ST
ST Employee

Hello @TPate.2​ ,

You can start by downloading the X-CUBE-MCSDK, then select launch application under MC_SDK_5.4.7\Utilities\PC_Software\STMCWB\STMCWB.exe, then click on new project Application if any, NewProject->SelectBoards = Inverter then Control = STEVAL-SPIN3202.

After this Generation, will generate some code for you with the desired IDE.

If you want more details about program and tool, you can find some documentation under MC_SDK_5.4.7\Documentation, especially UM2374.

BR,

Bruno

To give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on Accept as Solution on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
Bruno_ST
ST Employee

Hello @TPate.2​ ,

You can start by downloading the X-CUBE-MCSDK, then select launch application under MC_SDK_5.4.7\Utilities\PC_Software\STMCWB\STMCWB.exe, then click on new project Application if any, NewProject->SelectBoards = Inverter then Control = STEVAL-SPIN3202.

After this Generation, will generate some code for you with the desired IDE.

If you want more details about program and tool, you can find some documentation under MC_SDK_5.4.7\Documentation, especially UM2374.

BR,

Bruno

To give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on Accept as Solution on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.

TPate.2
Associate

i followed steps of STMCWB. but when i am going to connect serial port in Motor Monitor 3.6 in UM2374. it shows "Connection failed! No response. Check communication cable, the power on the board or the baudrate." also i saw code while(1) in main() is empty. was i made any mistake or i need to write code there?

Cristiana SCARAMEL
ST Employee

Hi @TPate.2​ ,

for more details on STEVAL-SPIN3202 board configuration you can refer to the "Documentation Tab" in the product page:

• UM2278: Getting started with the STEVAL-SPIN3202 evaluation board, advanced BLDC controller with embedded STM32 MCU
  • UM2168: Using STM32 motor control workbench with STSPIN32F0 and STSPIN32F0A

Let me know if these info help you.

@TPate.2​  please make sure you select appropriate port and baud rate to 9600 baud

Yes, main code is empty, UART and MC tasks executed under systick()

Hi @TPate.2​ 

Did you check the baud rate setting?

Were you able to play with the STEVAL-SPIN3202?

If so, remember to "Select as Best" label in the proper reply to your original question.

KToth.1
Associate II

hi,

make sure to connect the power supply too, beside the usb cable