cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can the STWLC38 communicate custom data if used on the receiver and transmitter side?

grismore
Associate

I am looking at using this chip in a wireless power system, but I need to be able to send and recieve data. I see that this chip has registers for DTS, but I want to make sure that I can write data to the chip using my MCU as an I2C master, and that it will transmit it over the powering field to the other chip, where it can be read by an MCU on that side using I2C.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
willzhou
ST Employee

STWLC38 (RX) and STWBC86 (TX) supports Qi communication means the sending of custom data.
The customer may set the register (by GUI or Host MCU from RX) to send the custom data from RX to TX and on TX side read the custom data back (TX response - host MCU only) .

Please refer to ST website for document.

Also there is example code here

https://github.com/STwirelesscharger/Python_FT260_ST_WLC/blob/main/a4_wlc38_send_recv_pp_packet.py

In order to give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on Accept as Solution on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
Foued_KH
ST Employee

Hello @grismore , 

Yes for I2C communication, you can use the STWLC38 as I2C Slave and your MCU as Master, then you can manage your project.

Foued

To give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on Accept as Solution on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.

grismore
Associate

Am I able to transmit this data over the wireless power field?

OlivierZign
Associate

I would also really like to know this, is it possible to transmit (bi-directional) user data over the wireless power field?

willzhou
ST Employee

STWLC38 (RX) and STWBC86 (TX) supports Qi communication means the sending of custom data.
The customer may set the register (by GUI or Host MCU from RX) to send the custom data from RX to TX and on TX side read the custom data back (TX response - host MCU only) .

Please refer to ST website for document.

Also there is example code here

https://github.com/STwirelesscharger/Python_FT260_ST_WLC/blob/main/a4_wlc38_send_recv_pp_packet.py

In order to give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on Accept as Solution on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.