cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

M48T201V Example code

MATRIX7878
Associate II

Hello,

I recently got a board I designed with the M48T201V and a 4MB SRAM chip.  I cannot find any example code for the M48T201V, with or without the memory.  Does anyone have any examples?

Thank you,

Drew

7 REPLIES 7

Nothing looks to be dropping out of a quick search.

Suggest you test by dumping the content of the memories you've mapped into your processor's address space.

You should be able to read the last 16-bytes decoded in the RTC's "space", and you should do a write/read of the 4MB RAM address space.

Tips, Buy me a coffee, or three.. PayPal Venmo
Up vote any posts that you find helpful, it shows what's working..

Hello,

I am not sure what the answer you gave is referring to.  The board I built has only the M48T201V and a 4MB SRAM chip.  I connect them to a microcontroller for me to code.  I am not using the M48T201V and SRAM directly to control the MCU.  I want to use both independently.  The chips are in a BoosterPack form factor and are MCU independent.  I hope that clears things up.

Thank you

SofLit
ST Employee

Hello,

Still not clear. Example code on which microcontroller? Which CPU?

M48T201 is a time keeper and a NVRAM that you can interface with FMC/FSMC on STM32 microcontroller for example.

To give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on "Accept as Solution" on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.

Hello,

I am using a TM4C129EXL.  As long as the code is in C though and does not use any special libraries that I cannot find source code of (i.e. IP cores), it is fine.

I understand that it is a timekeeper but what I am looking for is how to read the time, tell the chip to output a PWM on the dedicated PWM out pin, tell it to read/write to the SRAM, etc....

I hope that clears it up, thank you,

Drew

Hello,

In that case, I invite you ton contact TI as it's the TM4C129 processor provider that will manage the read/write operations of the external memory, read the M48T201V datasheet and implement your own library according to what TI provided to you. Because the example code depends on the main processor and how its memory interface is working.

To give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on "Accept as Solution" on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.

Hello,

So, the M48T201V clock output is stored in the SRAM and I need to read and write to the SRAM in order to get the information.  Am I correct in that?  The M48T201V will not work then without some kind of RAM.

Thank you

Hello,

It has been a while and I have not received any response.  Does my previous post have any merit?  Also, will the SRAM chip not work when connected to the M48T201V without the SNAPHAT connected?  Are they note independent as long as both are powered?

Thank you,

Drew