cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SPC58X

GrayKim
Associate II

Hello, 

Does anyone have more information on the hardware/software setup regarding Application Note: AN4353.

I understand the rough software architecture for how this is supposed to be implemented but I dont see anything pointing to examples or supported toolchains for debugging. 

Sorry if this is a novice question, but I am looking for something to use for debugging besides PLS UDE and OpenOCD based StellarLink.

Thanks!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

hi,

If you are facing the issue of the code limit of 256Kb, then you can use OpenOCD. There is no code size limit.

The flasher part number is AEK-MCU-SPC5LNK

Inside the Welcome page of AutoDevKit Studio you can find a video explaining OpenOCD or have a look to the following: 

Best Regards,

AutoDevKit Team

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Max VIZZINI
ST Employee

Hi,

For SPC58x microcontrollers you can use OpenOCD based AEK-MCU-SPC5LNK or UDE PLS based AEK-MCU-SPC5LNKU  at lower cost.

Best Regards.

AutoDevKit Team  

I would like to use UDE but unfortunately the flash limitation prevents me to do so. Does ST package full version of UDE in this new adapter for development and flashing? 

hi,

If you are facing the issue of the code limit of 256Kb, then you can use OpenOCD. There is no code size limit.

The flasher part number is AEK-MCU-SPC5LNK

Inside the Welcome page of AutoDevKit Studio you can find a video explaining OpenOCD or have a look to the following: 

Best Regards,

AutoDevKit Team