cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Issue with UDESTK Connection with L9963E BMS board

VP.6
Associate II

I have a L9963E BMS development board, I have tried connecting to SPC5 UDESTK Debugger, the debugger is not getting connected (UDE STK Debugger) to the controller I have connected the power adapter and USB mini connector as well, I am using UDESTK Staterkit 2021 version from pls.

_legacyfs_online_stmicro_images_0693W00000bhccgQAA.pngThe error indicates No Target Supply or JTAG Cable Connection or Target Configuration

Target

Configuration I have selected from the provided list

_legacyfs_online_stmicro_images_0693W00000bhcdeQAA.pngPower to the board is proper I have connected the adapter and to rule out if it is taking power from USB of Serial cable, I have connected the serial cable i.e., the FTDI cable as well

To

Confirm the power to the board is fine, I have ran the default firmware which

is shipped along with the board, it is getting connected to the

L9963_evaluation_GUI program and serial communication is OK.

_legacyfs_online_stmicro_images_0693W00000bhcdPQAQ.png 

how can we connect the debugger, any settings needed in the development board to be done or any jumper settings need to be changed?

Also

Is there a facility to connect the board via STLINK?

2 REPLIES 2
KHolm.1
Associate

The L9963E BMS board is a battery management system board used for managing battery cells in electric vehicles. The UDESTK connection is used for debugging and programming the board. If you are experiencing issues with the UDESTK connection, here are some troubleshooting steps you can try:

1. Check the cable connections: Ensure that the UDESTK cable is properly connected to both the BMS board and the programming tool. Check for any loose or damaged connections.
  2. Verify the UDESTK settings: Check the UDESTK settings to ensure that the correct baud rate and other settings are selected for the programming tool.
  3. Verify the board settings: Check the board settings to ensure that the BMS board is properly configured for programming and debugging with the UDESTK tool.
  4. Update the firmware: If the issue persists, try updating the firmware on the BMS board and the programming tool to the latest versions. This can help resolve compatibility issues and bugs.
  5. Contact support: If none of the above steps resolve the issue, contact the manufacturer or supplier of the BMS board and/or programming tool for further assistance. They may be able to provide additional troubleshooting tips or offer a replacement if the board or tool is faulty.

It's important to note that programming and debugging BMS boards can be complex and requires technical expertise. If you're not familiar with the process, it's recommended that you seek help from an experienced technician or engineer to avoid causing any damage to the board.

VP.6
Associate II

Thank you for your response. But as you mentioned for point 2

Verify the UDESTK settings: Check the UDESTK settings to ensure that the correct baud rate and other settings are selected for the programming tool

--> I could see the JTAG lines are directly connected to the Controller are there any specific setting or jumper settings need to be done?