cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can all SPC582B60E1C(0, D, G or H) output CAN on pins 61 and 62 (PAD[44] and PAD[45])?

CSeif.2
Associate II

Hello everyone,

I looked into DS11597 Rev 4 datasheet (page 104) and the mentioned TN1263 (SPC582Bx IO definition: Signal description and input multiplexing tables) documents, but I could not figure out, whether the SPC582B60E1Cx with 3 (x=0,D) CAN interfaces is able to output CAN4_sys1 peripheral. I need CAN output on the pins 61 and 62 (i.e., PC12 and PC13 or PAD[44] and PAD[45]).

I assume, that the 0 and D version only has CAN0_sys0,CAN1_sys0,CAN2_sys0, am I right?

In the SPC5 Studio it seems as if I can only use the version with 7 CAN interfaces.

Could you tell me, how to select the version with 3 CAN interfaces in the PinMap Editor?

Is it possible to get samples of the SPC582B60E1CG or ..CH or ..MG or ..MH?

Thank you very much for your answers in advance.

Best regards,

Christopher Seifert

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
ODOUV.1
ST Employee

Hello Christopher,

reading my answer I discovered I did a mistake in my second sentence: "But ST will provide support if you use more than 3 of them".

Sorry, the correct sentence is "But ST will NOT provide support if you use more than 3 of them".

I mean the MCU differences between ordering versions O, D, G and H are not Physical but Legal.

All versions have same number of CAN IPs and same pinout.

Buying versions G or H, you have rights to use up to the 7 CAN IPs in your products.

But buying versions O or D, you have rights to use use only up to 3 CAN IPs in your products.

So yes, it does not matter which CAN0-6 you use as long as you use a maximum of 3.

And you are right, if you need more than 3 CAN interfaces at the same time, then you will need the G or H version.

Best regards,

-Olivier

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
ODOUV.1
ST Employee

Hello Christopher,

About version O and D of this MCU, they have physically the same number of CAN IPs with same pin-map. But ST will provide support if you use more than 3 of them.

Buying these versions, you can use any of them among CAN0 to CAN6 as soon as you only use 1, 2 or 3 of them.

If you need to use more CAN IPs in your product, you will need to buy another version with 7 CAN.

The PINMAP is the common one described in SPC582B documentation for all versions.

About the SPC5Studio, you do not need to select between 0, D, G or H version. The tool is supporting all of them.

You just have to select the SPC582B60E1 and the pin-map editor will be the good one.

If you want to use CAN4, you can use pins 61 and 62 (or 46, 52, 53).

Considering the MCU ordering, if you do not access to special versions you need on https://www.st.com site,

I encourage you contacting your local sales office & distributors https://www.st.com/content/st_com/en/contact-us.html.

Best Regards,

-Olivier

CSeif.2
Associate II

Hello Olivier,

thank you very much for your answer.

Did I get it correctly that the CAN 0-6 in the SPC5Studio are just virtual interface, which the tool maps to the existing peripherals and matches the pinout according to the pin-map editor?

So it does not matter, which CAN 0-6 I use as long as I use a maximum of 3?

If I need more than 3 CAN interfaces at the same time, then I need the G or H version, right?

Best regards,

Christopher

ODOUV.1
ST Employee

Hello Christopher,

reading my answer I discovered I did a mistake in my second sentence: "But ST will provide support if you use more than 3 of them".

Sorry, the correct sentence is "But ST will NOT provide support if you use more than 3 of them".

I mean the MCU differences between ordering versions O, D, G and H are not Physical but Legal.

All versions have same number of CAN IPs and same pinout.

Buying versions G or H, you have rights to use up to the 7 CAN IPs in your products.

But buying versions O or D, you have rights to use use only up to 3 CAN IPs in your products.

So yes, it does not matter which CAN0-6 you use as long as you use a maximum of 3.

And you are right, if you need more than 3 CAN interfaces at the same time, then you will need the G or H version.

Best regards,

-Olivier