cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

STEVAL-MKI109v3 COM port not detected

AV B.1
Associate II

Hi,

I have STEVAL-MKI109v3 board and steval-mki186v1 sensor. I have connected the sensor to the board and if I connect the board to my laptop, the laptop is not able to detect the COM port of the board which is connected. It is not detecting the board in Unico-GUI also. If I connect the board the power led (D6) is ON and also the D1 LED (green LED) is blinking. But it is not detecting in my laptop. My laptop currently runs on Windows 10. I also tried installing the driver on a windows 7 laptop and tried connecting the board but still the same. Please help !

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Eleon BORLINI
ST Employee

Hi Akhil, @AV B.1​ ,

please try first to follow this tutorial on the STEVAL-MKI109v3 programming in DFU mode with the STM32CubeProg:

--> Video <--

Let me please know if the issue are still there.

-Eleon

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
Eleon BORLINI
ST Employee

Hi @AV B.1​ ,

Did you also have difficulties upgrading the firmware on the STEVAL-MKI109v3, i.e. to detect the board in DFU mode?

When you connect the board and it is correctly recognized, you will see the led blue on.

When you select the proper device, you should see the red and yellow leds on.

The green led should be on only when the device is configured and the data streams on the USB.

I'm not sure it can be a driver issue. Win 10 already has the STM32 drivers embedded, so no need to install the STM32 windows drivers as for the Win7.

You might check if you are able to see the board (you might use a common hyperterminal), or in the Device manager.

You might also try to deselect the Automatic Port Detection flag and manually select the VCOM after the Unico homepage starts.

-Eleon

AV B.1
Associate II

Hi @Eleon BORLINI​ ,

I unboxed the board, connected the sensor and connected the device to my laptop. The green light started blinking. I did not update any firmware. The board is not showing in device manager or hyperterminal. How do I detect the board in DFU mode ? How can I upgrade the firmware?

If the COM port is detected only I can detect in DFU mode ?​

-Akhil

Eleon BORLINI
ST Employee

Hi Akhil, @AV B.1​ ,

please try first to follow this tutorial on the STEVAL-MKI109v3 programming in DFU mode with the STM32CubeProg:

--> Video <--

Let me please know if the issue are still there.

-Eleon

AV B.1
Associate II

Hi @Eleon BORLINI​ ,

Thank you so much. It worked !! :)​

Hello @Eleon BORLINI ,

I followed the tutorial, but I still don't see the ST Virtual Port in the device manager. So, I get an error message which says "the adapter has not been recognized" in UNICO.

FKara3_0-1697058105400.png