cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

steval-bcn002v1b board firmware support

SKaru.3
Associate II

HI, We are developing social distancing wearable device using BLE. we will use only node to node comunication and status LED for alarm. we have selected steval-bcn002v1b board firmware development .  Is it driver source file available for mesh network and adding our application top of it.

Thanks and Regards,

Sankar.K

7 REPLIES 7
niccolò
ST Employee

Hi @SKaru.3​ ,

the source files you are searching for should all be available at this page: https://www.st.com/en/evaluation-tools/steval-bcn002v1b.html#tools-software

In particular, the STSW-BNRG-Mesh file has Firmware examples that can guide you in the development process.

In these days, the project you are aiming to develop is very important, I hope you can update us on your journey.

SKaru.3
Associate II

Hi,

Thanks for your reply. We have gone through the code. But we are unable to find the social distance demo code. Is it possible to get the source code.

Thanks and Regards,

Sankar.K

Hi @SKaru.3​ ,

you are right, there is not a custom example that fits perfectly your goal, but you can try to start from the BlueNRG-Tile_Demo contained in the firmware source code.

You will have to adapt the initialization of the BLE and modify the Callbacks, so that you can make different devices communicate with each other.

I hope this can help you.

SKaru.3
Associate II

HI,

We have bought the Board: STEVAL-BCN002V1B

Software: STSW-BLUETILE-DK 1.3.0

IDE: Atollic Truestudio

BLE_Examples – BLE_Beacon:

I want to find the distance between two bluetitle board using RSSI value.I have loaded the BLE_Beacon example in both the board.

I have included the callback function “hci_le_advertising_report_event()“ in the main.c file. To read the RSSI value. This function is not involved even printf statement is not printing in the serial terminal after flashing the program. Continuously zero gets printing after flashing the program.

Code attached:

=================================================================================

BlueNRG1_Periph_Examples: Hello world program prints properly after compiling and loading in the serial terminal.

=====================================================================================

Referred this link to solve the precompiled example running issue: Issue Solved

https://community.st.com/s/question/0D50X0000BB0RlUSQV/unable-to-run-precompiled-firmware-on-bluetile-stevalbcn002v1

Hi @SKaru.3​ ,

Let's try to focus on one problem at a time.

Did you managed to upload the BLE_Beacon demo on the bluetile, and see the bluetile from another device?

SKaru.3
Associate II

Hi,

After uploading Beacon demo code, the bluetile advertising details can be seen in phone Android App ST scanning... But we cannot see one bluetile advertising details in another bluetile board.

Thanks,

Sankar

Eleon BORLINI
ST Employee

Adding more topics for broader help from BLE experts.

Hi @SKaru.3​ , besides what already suggested by @niccolo.ruffini​ , what I can understand at the higher level of the APK from this application note and this other application note is that you have to configure the Beacons from the "central device" and use the BluenrgMesh_GetNeighborState (suppose RSSI value too) to retrieve information from the (two) beacons. The calculation of the distance has to be performed ad central BLE device level. You should check this first before going deeper in the FW.

-Eleon