cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Development board with Compact IMU & Embedded Sensor Fusion Firmware?

epitomeri
Associate
Hello,

We are seeking a development board that has a compact IMU sensor (maximum dimension: 4mm) that includes an accelerometer, gyroscope, and magnetometer, along with firmware for embedded sensor fusion. Do you have any recommendations for us? We have used a variety of boards containing IMU sensors from different vendors, but we have not succeeded in obtaining stable yaw angle data without drift. If there is a board with a compact sensor that has all three sensing modalities and even an integrated sensor fusion firmware, that would be best I think. 

Based on inputs from a ST support rep, I looked up STEVAL-MKI245KA evaluation board containing the ISM330BX IMU but, it does not seem to have a magnetometer. I am not sure if this IMU is still able to provide accurate pitch, roll, and yaw data in spite of the absence of a magnetometer.

Any recommendations would be greatly appreciated. 

Thanks in advance,
Satish

2 REPLIES 2
Federica Bossi
ST Employee

Hi @epitomeri ,

Welcome to ST Community!

You can look at STEVAL-MKI217V1, it is an adapter board designed to facilitate the evaluation of MEMS devices (LSM6DSOX and LIS2MDL) connected in sensor hub mode.

In order to give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on 'Accept as Solution' on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.

Thank you for your response. Does this board come up with embedded sensor fusion firmware? Perhaps, that is what you mean by "sensor hub mode"? Please clarify.