cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NO DFU DETECTED - STWINKT1B

Daeisajjad
Associate II

Hi guys

I'm pretty new to the ST world. Just got my hands on an STWINKT1B, hoping to dive into its ultrasonic sound detection features. I spent today tinkering with it, trying to wrap my head around how it all works.

So, I've got STM32CubeProgrammer installed to load up new firmware onto it. When I connect it to my computer with the ST-LINK dongle and power it up via USB, everything's fine. But here's the problem: I can't seem to program it using just the USB itself. Every time I try, I get hit with a "No DFU Detected" message. And to make matters worse, when I plug it in via USB, my Windows 11 doesn't even recognize it as a new device, though the ST-LINK dongle gets recognized.

I really need USB streaming functionality, but I'm stumped on how to fix this. Any ideas would be a lifesaver. Thanks a bunch!
Amir 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Hello @Daeisajjad 

Let me ask you some more details on your setup:

1. Not all ST firmware examples enable USB communication. Which firmware are you running?
  2. If instead you've never flashed the board, the default firmware is FP-SNS-DATALOG1. By simply resetting the board (by unplugging and plugging the USB or by pressing the RESET button), red and orange led will start blinking and you should be able to see a device called STWIN Multi Sensor Streaming in the list of USB devices. Please check in the right group inside Device Manager.
  3. If DFU mode is enabled, the board is listed in USB devices list. You are showing the USB controllers. As above, please check in the right group inside Device Manager.
  4. Are you testing only on Windows 11 machines?

Best regards

Simone

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
SPRAD.1
ST Employee

Hello @Daeisajjad 

If you would like to enable DFU mode, you must let the USR button pressed BEFORE connecting the USB cable to the STWIN board. After that, release the button: DFU mode will be enabled and you'll free to use STM32CubeProgrammer via USB.

UM2777 chapter 3 describes the full procedure.

Best regards

Simone

Daeisajjad
Associate II

Hi @SPRAD.1 

Thanks for getting back to me. I followed the guidelines while writing the post, but I'm still having trouble. My PC isn't recognizing any USB connections to the STWINKT1B. I attached a screenshot of the device manager for you to check out while the STWINKT1B is connected via USB.

I even tried another STWINKT1B on a couple of different PCs, but the issue persists. The device powers up fine (the LED lights up), but Windows isn't recognizing it.

Any suggestions would be appreciated. Thanks!

Amir

Daeisajjad_0-1709544787032.png

Hello @Daeisajjad 

Let me ask you some more details on your setup:

1. Not all ST firmware examples enable USB communication. Which firmware are you running?
  2. If instead you've never flashed the board, the default firmware is FP-SNS-DATALOG1. By simply resetting the board (by unplugging and plugging the USB or by pressing the RESET button), red and orange led will start blinking and you should be able to see a device called STWIN Multi Sensor Streaming in the list of USB devices. Please check in the right group inside Device Manager.
  3. If DFU mode is enabled, the board is listed in USB devices list. You are showing the USB controllers. As above, please check in the right group inside Device Manager.
  4. Are you testing only on Windows 11 machines?

Best regards

Simone

Daeisajjad
Associate II

Hi Guys

Sorry for the delayed response. I got caught up with other tasks and completely forgot about this.

Regarding my inquiry, it appears that all three cables I was using were faulty for data transfer, which is strange. Fortunately, I managed to get another cable, which resolved the issue.

Thank you very much for all your assistance and support.