cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Mems configuration on Custom Board

MRaff.1
Associate III

Hello, 

after experimenting MEMS sensors with the IKS4A1, I developed a custom board based on STM32F407 CPU with the LSM6DSV16XTR accelerometer+gyroscope and LIS2MDLTR magnetometer.

The aim is to get board inclination and compass information with the maximum accuracy.

On CUBE-MX I select the LIS2MDLTR on the "Board Part Mag" section, the LSM6DSV16XTR on the "AccGyrQVar" section. 

Then I selected the MotionFX, MotionTL, and MotionEC libraries. 

Finally I choose "CUSTOM_TiltSensing" on "MEMS1_Application". At this point the yellow warning message imposed me to add the "MOTION_SENSOR" on the "Board Support Custom" section. It is not clear to me the reason of this and what does it means. 

In any case after I had configured all the parameters the connection with MEMS Studio produces a "Board not identified" message. 

Does it has some sense to define the MEMS1_application on CubeMx with a custom board? Is it possible to use Mems Studio with custom boards? 

Thank you for your support. 

2 REPLIES 2
Federica Bossi
ST Employee

Hi @MRaff.1 ,

I think the problem is that you are uploading a custom FW to Nucleo Board using CubeMX... and this usecase is not supported.
In MEMS Studio we support FWs from X-CUBE-MEMS1 and those generated with Algobuilder.

In order to give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on 'Accept as Solution' on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.

Thank you for the reply Federica. 

I would point out I am not loading custom FW on Nucleo Board but I am trying to load Demo firmware from CubeMX on Custom Board.

Mario