cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

WiSE Studio does not connect to J-Link

idolezal
Associate II

0693W00000QMd9UQAT.pngWiSE Studio does not connect to Segger J-Link, although Atollic TrueStudio and J-Link Commander do. Could it be in a different driver? Why different?

I am evaluating the BlueNRG-2 eval board that is working under TrueStudio (that cannot compile an SDK example), but I stopped at non-connecting J-Link.

7 REPLIES 7
Pavel A.
Evangelist III

Before starting debugger in "Wise studio", disconnect from the J-LINK in Atollic,

idolezal
Associate II

Of course, both TrueStudio and J-Link Commander were closed when the connection in Wise was tested.

How does it look in device manage? Any 3rd party filter drivers in the device stack?

See https://stackoverflow.com/questions/17350177/libusb-open-returns-libusb-error-not-supported-on-windows-7

idolezal
Associate II

Thanks, Pavel.

Although I did not fully understand your answer, the link pointed me to Zadig I used once. Switching to WinUSB driver has solved the problem.

Another issue is that J-Link within WiSE setting is not able to halt CPU (any reset mode option) so download/debugging does not work.

Khojah
Associate II

build your project then use a flasher to flash your hex file through UART that the best solution for me

Yes, it works, but debugging/stepping is not possible without JTAG/SWD adapter.

Well, since that "WiSE studio" is ST software, let's tag this as bug report.