cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Documentation error: TCPP01-M12 datasheet

Marosh
Associate III

Click to collapse STM32 MPUs categoryHi,
I am currently working with the documentation of TCPP01-M12. I have find some small mistake in the table of recommended capacitor C3. The part codes are switched. Also it seems that the GRM188... 0603 package capacitor is obsolete nowadays. Could you recommend some alternative?
Datasheet- TCP01-M12.PNG
With kind regards,

Marosh

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
MROUV.1
ST Employee

Hello Firas,

Thanks for your feed back.

Unfortunately, this P/N is OBS. They are a lot of evolution on Murata catalog.

A alternative part is : GCM188R71H104KA57

The 50V X7R specification have been chosen to limit derating when voltage applied.

You can select any other supplier.

Best regards,

Mathieu

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
FBL
ST Employee

Hi @Marosh 

Thank you for clarifying this typo. (internal ticket 192242 is submitted to dedicated team)

I will ask if there are any other recommended capacitors. Generally, as detailed in AN5225, they should be in the range of 200 pF to 600 pF.
For noise filtering purposes, an extra 390 pF +/- 10% capacitance must be added on each CC line close to the
Type-C connector. When a TCPP0x is used, these capacitors must be added between the TCPP0x and the Type C connector, as close to the Type-C connector as possible.

Then, you need to ensure proper placement of the capacitors for effective noise filtering. 

To give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on Accept as Solution on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.

MROUV.1
ST Employee

Hello Firas,

Thanks for your feed back.

Unfortunately, this P/N is OBS. They are a lot of evolution on Murata catalog.

A alternative part is : GCM188R71H104KA57

The 50V X7R specification have been chosen to limit derating when voltage applied.

You can select any other supplier.

Best regards,

Mathieu