cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

VL6180 AVDD question

Jacek Pieczaba
Associate II

Hello,

I am planning to use VL6180 sensor in my application which is going to communicate with STM32L071. I would like to ask a question since the specification for the AVDD mentioning about optimal value is 2.8V. Do I need to provide some special LDO for stabilization this voltage (ripple reduction, etc.) or I can supply VL6180 directly from step down converter as long as I keep +/-100mV tolerance on 2.8V output? 

JacekPieczaba_1-1702313620102.png

STM32L071 should works well. 

Thank you in advance for your help and sorry if this question was already answered but I had difficulty to find it. 

Jacek 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
John E KVAM
ST Employee

The sensor does not depend on clean power. And an LDO is fine. As the sensor uses a digitally controlled Vertical Cavity Surface Emiting Laser (VCSEL) and does NOT depend on amount of signal return, your power does NOT have to be spot on. 

- john

In order to give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on 'Accept as Solution' on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question. It helps the next guy.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
John E KVAM
ST Employee

The sensor does not depend on clean power. And an LDO is fine. As the sensor uses a digitally controlled Vertical Cavity Surface Emiting Laser (VCSEL) and does NOT depend on amount of signal return, your power does NOT have to be spot on. 

- john

In order to give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on 'Accept as Solution' on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question. It helps the next guy.

Thank you very much

- Jacek