cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

VL53L8CH Evaluation Board Purchase

Paul_Anthony
Associate II

I am looking to purchase an evaluation board for the VL53L8CH in order to take advantage of the CNH data for potential use in AI models.

The below expansion board web page has the below text (Link below)

• Time-of-Flight expansion board based on the VL53L8 series for STM32 Nucleo:
    • VL53L8CX Low-power high-performance 8x8 multizone ToF sensor
    • VL53L8CH Artificial intelligence enabler, high performance 8x8 multizone ToF sensor

I already have a VL53L8CX, which lacks the CNH data. The info on the web page has both part numbers, however I think only the VL53L8CH has the functionality I require.

X-NUCLEO-53L8A1 - Time-of-Flight expansion board based on the VL53L8 series for STM32 Nucleo - STMicroelectronics 

This is just the expansion board. I guess the main board could be the following board.

This page has the main board and expansion board. 

P-NUCLEO-53L8A1 - STM32 Nucleo pack with X-NUCLEO-53L8A1 expansion board and NUCLEO-F401RE development board - STMicroelectronics

Hopefully this should be ok for assessment of the VL53L8CH.

My company is based in Japan, so the plan is to order it within the next week.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Anne BIGOT
ST Employee

Hello
To evaluate the VL53L8CH you need to purchase the main board + expansion board. The best is to purchase the P-NUCLEO-53L8A1.
If you already have a NUCLEO-F401 you can only purchase the X-NUCLEO-53L8A1
The same X-NUCLEO-53L8A1 can be used to evaluate both VL53L8CX and VL53L8CH.

Anne

Our community relies on fruitful exchanges and good quality content. You can thank and reward helpful and positive contributions by marking them as 'Accept as Solution'. When marking a solution, make sure it answers your original question or issue that you raised.

ST Employees that act as moderators have the right to accept the solution, judging by their expertise. This helps other community members identify useful discussions and refrain from raising the same question. If you notice any false behavior or abuse of the action, do not hesitate to 'Report Inappropriate Content'

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
Anne BIGOT
ST Employee

Hello
To evaluate the VL53L8CH you need to purchase the main board + expansion board. The best is to purchase the P-NUCLEO-53L8A1.
If you already have a NUCLEO-F401 you can only purchase the X-NUCLEO-53L8A1
The same X-NUCLEO-53L8A1 can be used to evaluate both VL53L8CX and VL53L8CH.

Anne

Our community relies on fruitful exchanges and good quality content. You can thank and reward helpful and positive contributions by marking them as 'Accept as Solution'. When marking a solution, make sure it answers your original question or issue that you raised.

ST Employees that act as moderators have the right to accept the solution, judging by their expertise. This helps other community members identify useful discussions and refrain from raising the same question. If you notice any false behavior or abuse of the action, do not hesitate to 'Report Inappropriate Content'