cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

VL53L5CX How to get initial collected data but not a normal distribution?

Bryce
Associate II

I purchased a  P-NUCLEO-53L5A1 kit and successfully used it to collect data for depth estimation with the help of Quick start guide. But I have noticed that if I used STSW-IMG024, GUI for L5, to get collected data, I would receive a .csv document and it is shown like this:

Bryce_0-1690879011478.png

As I know, from some papers that describe principle of TOF sensors, raw data collected by L5 can be arranged as a HISTOGRAM with 100 bins. So how can I get this HISTOGRAM data (or depth data of each bin) but not just a sigma and median from a fitted normal distribution? 

10 REPLIES 10

CNH Histogram bin data is a linear measure of the returned VCSEL light received within each histogram bin time period. The values are the result of accumulating data over a very large number of VCSEL signal pulses as determined by the configured integration period.  

Ambient light level is continuously monitored during the integration period and is removed from the raw histogram bins before the data is passed to the user as CNH data. This means that bins in which no VCSEL return signal was received will have a value very close to zero (but it can be slightly negative due to noise).

Our community relies on fruitful exchanges and good quality content. You can thank and reward helpful and positive contributions by marking them as 'Accept as Solution'. When marking a solution, make sure it answers your original question or issue that you raised.

ST Employees that act as moderators have the right to accept the solution, judging by their expertise. This helps other community members identify useful discussions and refrain from raising the same question. If you notice any false behavior or abuse of the action, do not hesitate to 'Report Inappropriate Content'