cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

VD6283 Sensing problem with range?

MKash.3
Associate

I have been using VD6283 with STM32 and have found that they work well in detecting flicker when the light source is near the sensor. However, I have encountered an issue where the flicker is not detected when I move away from the light source.

Additionally, the sensor does not detect flicker from room lighting.

I have another question: can this sensor detect a mixture of lights? For instance, if there are four lights in the room, will the sensor be able to detect all of them simultaneously? and what will be the flickering frequency whether it's a mix of frequencies?

1 REPLY 1
Anne BIGOT
ST Employee

Hello

Sorry for the late answer on this forum.

What is the configuration you are using in term of HW and SW  for the flicker detect ?
What is the light level in lux ?

As we are doing a FFT you will get all the frequency component of the light. The GUI is showing only the main freq but using the driver you can plot your FFT and may extract all the other frequencies. It requires post processes.

Regards

Our community relies on fruitful exchanges and good quality content. You can thank and reward helpful and positive contributions by marking them as 'Accept as Solution'. When marking a solution, make sure it answers your original question or issue that you raised.

ST Employees that act as moderators have the right to accept the solution, judging by their expertise. This helps other community members identify useful discussions and refrain from raising the same question. If you notice any false behavior or abuse of the action, do not hesitate to 'Report Inappropriate Content'