cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

VL53L4CD cover glas specification

DrD00m
Associate III

I am using the VL53L4CD for my current project and I would like to add acrylic glas cover to it. I am actually using 4 of the ToF Sensors and would like to cover all of them with one glas.
What type of glas can be used here, are there any known limits? Somehow I found a little glas which was provided by you but I can not find it anymore. It was black and I would like to know the specifications of it so I can also use a black cover glas but as a hole and not one by one.

Thanks

2 REPLIES 2
Anne BIGOT
ST Employee

Hello

In theory there is no limitation to use one single cover glass for 4 sensors.
You can buy cover glass from : Gilisymo or Hornix

The rectangle cover glass delivered with the X-Nucleo is designed by Hornix. It is done with PMMA (cf the BOM of the x-Nucleo).

Regards

Anne

Our community relies on fruitful exchanges and good quality content. You can thank and reward helpful and positive contributions by marking them as 'Accept as Solution'. When marking a solution, make sure it answers your original question or issue that you raised.

ST Employees that act as moderators have the right to accept the solution, judging by their expertise. This helps other community members identify useful discussions and refrain from raising the same question. If you notice any false behavior or abuse of the action, do not hesitate to 'Report Inappropriate Content'
DrD00m
Associate III

Thanks! I was looking for a "Term" to use to search for and the properties of that glas but I figured it out.
The type is called: IR Transmitting Glas
It can be acrylic. I found some german manufacturer https://www.plexiglas-shop.com/de/produkte/pl9c20-gt-3-00.html

It is 3mm which might be a bit to thick but I will give it a try.